Underfloor waste tank valves (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Our underfloor tank has a single "slide valve" that has lugs for a large diameter (4"+) hose to attach with a bayonet type coupling at one end. I think this is a Fiamma product.

The other end has a blind threaded hole as an alternative mount point for a drain or inlet. I'd quite like to fit a valve to this end of the tank to facilitate draining when it's in my drive. I don't particularly like the slide valve and would prefer a lever operated ball valve.

Where can I get fittings that will screw into this threaded hole?

Tim

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Tim

I guess you don't mean a blind hole as this by definition would not go right through so would not drain.

You will need to identify the thread in the hole to get fittings for it, if you can measure the inside diameter and the number of threads you could identify it on thread tables, my guess would be BSP or metric.

You could of course be lucky and get an answer on here.

Martin

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Tim

I guess you don't mean a blind hole as this by definition would not go right through so would not drain.

You will need to identify the thread in the hole to get fittings for it, if you can measure the inside diameter and the number of threads you could identify it on thread tables, my guess would be BSP or metric.

You could of course be lucky and get an answer on here.

Martin

It is a blind hole. (See pic) I'm guessing that you just drill out which ever one you plan to use (or both in my case).

image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back