Dodge Minnie Winne - where can I get.... (1 Viewer)

billet-brain

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Norwich
Funster No
MH
C Class
Hi all

I'm new to this forum. Just bought a 1978 (according to the aluminium badge in the step) Dodge D200 Minnie Winne. I have scoured the internet for any info and so far come up blank. I can't even find a picture of another one that looks quite like it!

What I need is the following:
1, Service manual for the Dodge (3.7L straight six) chassis and engine
2, Owners / Service manual for the Winnebago, to help me sort out the facilities etc
3, How do I officially confirm the year of manufacture so that the DVLA will take it off a 'Q' plate (logbook stated year of manufacture unknown)

Any help would be much appreciated, along with any info at all about my Winne
Cheers
BB:Smile:

Attachments

• Winne1.jpg
    Winne1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 113

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Taking Q plate off will be difficult unless you can prove year of manufacture from whoever made it.

As to the rest of your questions I am sure some one will come along with some answers.

Welcome to FUN, the happy forum

Peter

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi BB,

The VIN Directly Relates to the plant of manufacture, Date of Manufacture etc.

Mine was registered over here in 1983 and Manufactured in 1979.

I'll try to dig some more info out.WHY is it still a "Q" plate.When was it imported into the UK.?

Steve.

PS Welcome to the Classic Club.:Cool::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi BB
a Minnie Winnie service manual may be obtained from Dudleys of Oxford they are the main UK agents for Winnebago..... I got one for my Minnie Winnie cost me £15 from them
Tel 01993 703774

Link Removed

hope this helps

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Hi billet-brain. Enter your VIN in the following link and it should tell you the year and model:-

CARFAX used car VIN number search, auto history check, vehicle history reports

BTW. All the appliances should be generic. In other words, the SAME as ALL other RV's/ Trailers/Motorhomes. You just need to know what MAKE and MODEL and you can FIND ALL the information you require to repair or service them. Frdige/Freezers (Reefers), Air-Con. Furnace (heaters), Hot Water Boilers etc, etc. :winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
:Cool: Hi billet-brain. Enter your VIN in the following link and it should tell you the year and model:-

CARFAX used car VIN number search, auto history check, vehicle history reports

BTW. All the appliances should be generic. In other words, the SAME as ALL other RV's/ Trailers/Motorhomes. You just need to know what MAKE and MODEL and you can FIND ALL the information you require to repair or service them. Frdige/Freezers (Reefers), Air-Con. Furnace (heaters), Hot Water Boilers etc, etc. :winky:

Hi John a useful site but only for vehicles manufactured SINCE 1981, my 1981 is not covered.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Roger,it only covers vehicles made in the usa as well :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Doh:found this out after putting in my vin number a couple of times,then reading what it said :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Roger,it only covers vehicles made in the usa as well :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Doh:found this out after putting in my vin number a couple of times,then reading what it said :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Crikey...So only US Vehicles after 1981.

That rules mine out then.:Sad:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi guys, don't worry to much, the year of manufacture should be posted/labeled within your van.. If it isn't, email the manufacturer with the VIN number and they will tell you everything. If you have know success, please Email me and l will find it
Cheers

Jim :thumb:

OP
OP
B

billet-brain

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Norwich
Funster No
MH
C Class
Thanks guys for all your responses. I had a feeling this forum would be friendly and helpful.

The reason I think it is on a Q plate is purely because the logbook states year of manufacture is 'unknown', and the date first registered is 1984, which I imagine is when it was imported.

The Vin number, which I am told is usually visible thru the windscreen, is hidden under some thick black paint :cry: The ally plate in the driver's side step, contains the following information:

Dodge Truck Model D200
Manufacturer's Serial Number: D26BB8S216389
Registration Number: 78B3094
FSN or ACVC No: 3230-00-962-3656
Date Delivered: 03 1978
Contract Number: GS-00S-56824

It also contains info about the weight.

Cheers
BB

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Smile: Hi billet-brain. The delivery date will be the date delivered to the RV manufacturer. So it will be either a 1978 or 1979. Most likely 1979.

The base vehicle is a 1978/79 Dodge Truck D200 3/4 Ton P/U 2WD 3.7L 2BL

I may be able to give you some information with regards engine service etc if you give me details of any in particular you may need. Including some diagrams. :winky:

Last edited:

Hybrids

Free Member
Aug 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
When we had a Winnebago Warrior we contacted Winnebago for some information.
Winnebago Industries
They provided model specs and build dates, though I dobt this is sufficient for DVLA to change the Q.
There used to be an archive of PDF's of the vehicle brochures, but I can't see the link.

If you join a DVLA recognised club, Mopar Muscle Association springs to mind, they will have a dedicated person who will authenticate the Winnebago info and Dodge chassis number and provide you with a letter to take to DVLA to prove it's age

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
When we had a Winnebago Warrior we contacted Winnebago for some information.
Winnebago Industries
They provided model specs and build dates, though I dobt this is sufficient for DVLA to change the Q.
There used to be an archive of PDF's of the vehicle brochures, but I can't see the link.

If you join a DVLA recognised club, Mopar Muscle Association springs to mind, they will have a dedicated person who will authenticate the Winnebago info and Dodge chassis number and provide you with a letter to take to DVLA to prove it's age

All you will need an original letter on Dodge letterheaded paper stating the date the vehicle was manufactured. The letter must an original (ie not a PDF or fax or email) and be in an envelope with american stamps etc on it. They must also include a contact name and phone number from Dodge to the DVLA can ring up and check if needed.:thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi go here Previous Model Year Product Information for model brochures back to 69 and here for accessories Link Removed if you download the parts and accessories catalogue it lists all the model manuals in the back.

Olley

OP
OP
B

billet-brain

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Norwich
Funster No
MH
C Class
Please ignore the my previous post stating the info from the plate in the foot step. I have found another plate in the door shut (only about 18" from the other!) which states more believeable info.

Dodge - Model B30
VIN - B30BF3V009947
TON - W0526349

Now that I have a proper VIN number, I should be able to trace the true info.

Cheers everyone

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Please ignore the my previous post stating the info from the plate in the foot step. I have found another plate in the door shut (only about 18" from the other!) which states more believeable info.

Dodge - Model B30
VIN - B30BF3V009947
TON - W0526349

Now that I have a proper VIN number, I should be able to trace the true info.

Cheers everyone

:roflmto: In that case?

The Base Vehicle is a 1978 Dodge Truck B300 1 Ton Van 3.7L 2BL

Dodge VIN Decoder

OP
OP
B

billet-brain

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Norwich
Funster No
MH
C Class
I got my local American car spares dealer to trace the history from the vin number, and it's a 1973 Dodge B30 Winnebago. It originally had a 5.9 (or may have been 5.7?) V8, but now has a 3.7 straight six.

I downloaded the Winnebago brochure from the link provided by one of the replies to this thread, and my exact type of Minnie Winne was only built in 73 and 73. I'm happy with this information. I can get on now and start sorting it out, starting with a new water pump!

Cheers
BB

OP
OP
B

billet-brain

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Norwich
Funster No
MH
C Class
I got my local American car spares dealer to trace the history from the vin number, and it's a 1973 Dodge B30 Winnebago. It originally had a 5.9 (or may have been 5.7?) V8, but now has a 3.7 straight six.

I downloaded the Winnebago brochure from the link provided by one of the replies to this thread, and my exact type of Minnie Winne was only built in 73 and 73. I'm happy with this information. I can get on now and start sorting it out, starting with a new water pump!

Cheers
BB

L

lance1

Deleted User
Dodge Minnie Winne

Hi,
The vin number tells you the year of manufacture, if its not
on the door panel it is inside the windscreen on the dashboard, look through the windscreen on the drivers side you should see a plate, I believs with dodge it is the 7th figure which gives you the year of manufacture, But if you google Amarican car club.U.K. they have a way to tell you where it was made and all sorts of other info and it is all in the chassis number.
Have fun with your Dodge I have had 5 of them and now run a Chevy A class 27 ft.
Why suffer when you can do it the Yank Tank way.
Cheers and good luck.
Lance1

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Cheers
BB

Good luck with the Dodge BB.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back