Campervan Crash in Scarbourough! (1 Viewer)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
The BBC News stated that the campervan involved in this accident was stationery and that there were no occupants.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not anyone i know and as far as im aware im the only member in scarborough. :thumb:

from what i could see through the coach windscreen on the vid clip the winnies a wright-off though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Lily

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
Funster No
Sadly, I think two people in a car involved in the accident died

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Yes.Sincere condolences to their Families.

It suggests that, if the Winnebago type vehicle wasn't there, the bus would have careered onwards , possibly inflicting more injuries to the occupants of the bus and house.

As you say, fortunately the RV Wasn't occupied at the time.

ricwig69

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Newcastle (The Toon)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Driving down the M6 and M5 last Sunday, we passed a campervan on its side in the northbound carriageway. The police were already in attendance and the couple were sitting on the divider, obviously looking shook-up. We felt so bad for them and only hoped that they were both physically OK.

This after we passed a badly damaged motorhome in August on the A1 between Berwick and Newcastle. The whole interior - furnishings and contents - were strewn across both sides of the road and the couple looked in complete shock.

Always makes me think: there but for the grace of God...

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Driving down the M6 and M5 last Sunday, we passed a campervan on its side in the northbound carriageway. The police were already in attendance and the couple were sitting on the divider, obviously looking shook-up. We felt so bad for them and only hoped that they were both physically OK.

This after we passed a badly damaged motorhome in August on the A1 between Berwick and Newcastle. The whole interior - furnishings and contents - were strewn across both sides of the road and the couple looked in complete shock.

Always makes me think: there but for the grace of God...

Absolutely, please, please, everybody drive safely and live too have Good time. I have had so many mh's pass me at speed only for me to link up with them further on down the road.

Your trip is a part of your holiday, chill out and take it easy.

Condolences to the family. We are sincerely sad

Jim

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Absolutely, please, please, everybody drive safely and live too have Good time. I have had so many mh's pass me at speed only for me to link up with them further on down the road.

Your trip is a part of your holiday, chill out and take it easy.

Jim

Remember this: A good traveller has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~Lao Tzu

Thanks to Jim for that quote.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
staxton hill used to be, years ago, a notorious runaway blackspot and many years ago a runaway sandtrack was installed at the bottom of the hill. the road is straight and level for maybe 300+ meters at the bottom.
i cant understand why the driver didnt use this. it very well signed back up the hill and most of the way down.
would have saved two lives.

this from the scarborough evening news...

Attachments

• 23-09-2008 20;05;53 (Small) (Medium).jpg
    23-09-2008 20;05;53 (Small) (Medium).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 64
  • 23-09-2008 20;15;36 (Small) (Medium).jpg
    23-09-2008 20;15;36 (Small) (Medium).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 64

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Sadly, the two people in the car involved in the accident died
they lived not to far from me and were a lovely couple. god bless them .

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
On a Coach Driver Forum it is reported that the Coach Driver has been arrested. Something must have been found wrong.

David

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
On a Coach Driver Forum it is reported that the Coach Driver has been arrested. Something must have been found wrong.

David

hi david,

i'm sure he would have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving as a routine process in the police investigations.
i imagine if it was proved a genuine accident/malfunction and unless he'd been drinking/drugs the chances are he'll be released but he'll have to live with it forever.

john.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back