Vac Bags? (1 Viewer)

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Has anybody used the JML vacuum bags to store duvets etc if they're leaving their MH for, say, a week? If so does a car-vac have enough power for the job?

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi.

Yes we use them for storing our stuff at our place in Turkey over the winter. I doubt a 12volt car vac would be up to the job though you do need a bit of grunt to vac out the air (we use a Henry type vac in Turkey.) Perhaps a garage forcourt vac would do the job if you dont have access to a bigger unit??

They are excellent and you will be amzed at how rigid a quilt goes with no air in it!!! Once you vac it out it becomes a solid block and if its the wrong shape for where your trying to store it you have no option but to let all the air back in again and reshape it before you vac it out again :Eeek:

Cheers

Dazzer

traveller

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Hi

I use pacmate travelmate with 5 year guarrantee.. Roll the air out. I keep duvets, memory pillows by Raskelf, & A raskelf overlay. With the overlay I leave the bag open for about 3 inches sit on it and seal the last few inches. Thats usually enough air out to store under the settee. I have used a black & decker 12volt not rechargeable to take the air out but but I very often dont bother.

Traveller

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

I

itinerant

Deleted User
Has anybody used the JML vacuum bags to store duvets etc if they're leaving their MH for, say, a week? If so does a car-vac have enough power for the job?
Leave it out! Her indoors stuffs our van full to the brim as it is. I can imagine not having enough space to put away after a stop unless you took your domestic vacuum cleaner away as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back