OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since I got the van I had not been able o turn on the light closet the cab, obve the kitchen area. Did every test I could think of. (Still haven't been able to find the fuse box) Then a couple of nights ago my dad took me out on a run with his friends in his Austin 7, which I always enjoy. Sitting end chilling and enjoying the ride (To noisy to chat!) I got to thinking about my broken light.
And the light switch by the door that doesn't have any function...... :Doh:

So once we got home I put everything back together and tested it.
Seems you have to turn them BOTH on together for the light to come on.

:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

Almost 3 months! No light! Doh!

So chuffed to have it working though. :thumb::thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is a similar arrangement in our van for one of the ceiling lights. It's so that you can switch the light off/on at the door if leaving/returning in the dark.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The van we had before this one had something similar. A switch near the floor by the hab door acted as a master switch for all the lights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There is a similar arrangement in our van for one of the ceiling lights. It's so that you can switch the light off/on at the door if leaving/returning in the dark.

mine too. The front two lights in the lounge area are switch on and off at the door, you can turn on and off at the lights but must leave the door switch turned on to do so.

ALL the other lounge/kitchen lights (5) are independantly switched at each light only.

OP
OP
OddSocks

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
mine too. The front two lights in the lounge area are switch on and off at the door, you can turn on and off at the lights but must leave the door switch turned on to do so.

ALL the other lounge/kitchen lights (5) are independantly switched at each light only.

Yup! Wish I'd known this 3 months ago! lol :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back