Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I had occasion to check mail whilst on route through France last Month I know I shouldn't but had no choice, just got the bill, worked out at £2.56 per megabyte. :Eeek: The phone companies are making hay whilst the sun shines, let's hope the regulators can stop this daylight robbery soon.:Angry:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Ouch! That's steep, Jim:Eeek:

Next time, just park up outside a MacDonald's and use their free wifi:winky:

Pronto

Free Member
Nov 17, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Worked out at £3 per Meg in Spain last year. Worse still, I'd forgotten to turn off Windows auto-updating and before I realised what was happening I'd run up a bill of nearly £50 :Doh:

Idiocy can be expensive :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I had occasion to check mail whilst on route through France last Month I know I shouldn't but had no choice, just got the bill, worked out at £2.56 per megabyte. :Eeek: The phone companies are making hay whilst the sun shines, let's hope the regulators can stop this daylight robbery soon.:Angry:

:Cool: Chcken feed. When touring and using PAYG Mobile to Laptop for accessing emails. It used to cost £2 just to get a couple of emails and send a couple. :Eeek:

Still. I suppose a carrier Pidgeon would have had a problem finding us. :ROFLMAO:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Ouch! That's steep, Jim:Eeek:

Next time, just park up outside a MacDonald's and use their free wifi:winky:

NOOOOO!!!!!

Free wifi sounds great, but the kids clamouring for a 'McDonalds' will mean that the saving on mobile internet costs will be more than wiped out by the resulting meal bill! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In the news today an item about mobile call charges prices dropping in Europe:thumb: BBC News Item

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Baldy

Free Member
May 8, 2008
The open road
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
officially since 22 feb 2010
3 dongles in Europe

Dropping prices, in this day and age, I can only hope so.

McD's sounds like a plan, with regards to the kids clamouring for a burger and chips, I thought thats what belly lockers were for.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back