Cadmore End
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference G-680
Exp
Pilote Galaxy Reference G-680 June 2005

I have problem with the electrics.

1. Power OK to mains socket when hooked up

2. Yellow mains light not illuminated at panel over door.

3. All fuses intact and mains not "tripped"

4. Acid level in battery kept topped up at all times.

5. Mains lead hooked up at home when van not in use, but doesn't charge leisure battery.

6. With engine running leisure battery charges OK.

7. Starter battery OK as C-Tek Multi XS 4003 charger used when at home when van not in use.

Has anyone any ideas ?

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Pilote Galaxy Reference G-680 June 2005

I have problem with the electrics.

1. Power OK to mains socket when hooked up

2. Yellow mains light not illuminated at panel over door.

3. All fuses intact and mains not "tripped"

4. Acid level in battery kept topped up at all times.

5. Mains lead hooked up at home when van not in use, but doesn't charge leisure battery.

6. With engine running leisure battery charges OK.

7. Starter battery OK as C-Tek Multi XS 4003 charger used when at home when van not in use.

Has anyone any ideas ?

Dodgy panel, battery charger or circuit breaker. Can't tell further without getting the meter out.

OP
OP
C

chilterns

Free Member
Jun 20, 2014
Cadmore End
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference G-680
Exp
Leisure battery not charging

Thanks for the quick reply.

I thought there may be relay separating the mains charging from the engine charging, but not sure if that's so or where that would be:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
theres usually a relay that links the leisure battery to the vehicle charging system only when the engine is running this prevents the leisure use flattening the vehicle battery from what youve said this seems to be working
the leisure battery is also charged by a 240v charger when on hook up it sounds like this is your problem either its not getting power or it not putting power out to the LB you need to track it down and test on both sides to see which is the problem there could be a switch on the charger thats off

OP
OP
C

chilterns

Free Member
Jun 20, 2014
Cadmore End
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference G-680
Exp
Leisure battery not charging

Thanks mitzimad, I'll look for aswitch but I didn't notice one.

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Sounds like the charger that is built into main panel is faulty. Mine had a similar fault. If the unit is made by Sergent take it out and send it to them and they will repair it at a reasonable price. I sent mine to them and had it back in the van in less than a week.:thumb:

OP
OP
C

chilterns

Free Member
Jun 20, 2014
Cadmore End
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference G-680
Exp
Is that the panel over the door ?

I looked at the panel over the door and it is a SHAUDT IT 269-3 Electronic Control Panel.
The Electric Block is a SHAUDT EBL 269, located under the bed.

Does anyone know where the actual charger is, as this seems to be the key to the problem ?

The EBL 269 is obviously a distribution board and wonder if the charger is combined within this ?

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Yes, the charger will be part of the SCHAUDT Electrobloc EBL 269 under the bed.

If you need help diagnosing any possible fault & then fixing it, these guys come highly recommended. :thumb::thumb:

http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk

Plenty of posts on here saying that they are very helpful, even if it's just a phone call to ask for advice.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The EBL plugs into the 240v electrics, transforms it to 12v, distributes that and charges both habitation and engine batteries. First thing is to check that everything is plugged in and there are no loose connections lying about.

How do you know it is not charging the batteries? Are you looking at the display and seeing small voltages and amps? If so that is normal. Once the batteries are fully charged the EBL only tops them up when needed.

If your mains light is not coming on when all of the electrics are on then there could be a problem with your panel, or the EBL or the 240v wiring to the EBL. Start with the wiring. Unplug the 240v lead and check it has 240V to it. If it doesn't that could be the problem. If that is not the problem let the batteries run down a bit and check their voltage with a multimeter. Then plug the mains back in and see what reading you get. If it stays the same as it was the problem is probably with the EBL. If it has increased to above 14v then the EBL is charging the battery and the problem is probably with the panel or the wiring from the EBL to the panel.

Once you know where the problem is contact A and N on the website linked by The Caller. They are the Schaudt experts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back