Motorhome Facts Insurance question (1 Viewer)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We've had MH Facts insurance since we got the van because it's always been the best quote for us by quite a bit (we insure 4 drivers). As far as I understand you have to be a member of MHFacts to get it. I've paid my dues to them each year just for the insurance but never go on the forum. The policy is underwritten by Aviva.
I'm starting to wonder if I can get the same policy without doing the Facts thing.
Any ideas folks?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Give AIB a call 023 80268351 ask to speak to Darren and tell him you are with Fun
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We were with Aviva through Comfort but have just saved £30 by going through AIB. Darren could have saved us more but recommended staying with Aviva for the extended new for old cover on the van. As already said a discount for Fun members. :Smile:

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
We've had MH Facts insurance since we got the van because it's always been the best quote for us by quite a bit (we insure 4 drivers). As far as I understand you have to be a member of MHFacts to get it. I've paid my dues to them each year just for the insurance but never go on the forum. The policy is underwritten by Aviva.
I'm starting to wonder if I can get the same policy without doing the Facts thing.
Any ideas folks?

I think Facts count everyone who registers with them as a member irrespective of if they become a paid one or not. We Insure at the moment with them but I think having read this thread I will certainly get a renewal quote from AIB.
We did have a claim with them during this time when someone made off with our Fiamma awning off the van and they dealt with it without any problems.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Give AIB a call 023 80268351 ask to speak to Darren and tell him you are with Fun
terry

Another vote for AIB I dealt with Nigel and I have the same cover with Aviva as I had before and its cheaper:thumb:
You just need to say you are a FUN member:Smile:

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks folks, I spoke to Nigel today. I'm being a bit premature as it's not due for a month so he said to call him when I had the renewal notice. Here's hoping for a good quote when it comes.
Mags

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
I spent a few hours ringing around, Saga seemed good, bit we had a problem with the no claims. But called AIB and got a great price, very straight forward, returned our call as promised, and said he had been able to give many "funsters " good deals.

Worth a call when starting off, or when renewing.

£10 a year for the subs on this site, the advice is worth a lot more, and saved nearly £200 on the insurance.

Thanks to every one

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have been phoning around for insurances. I used Saga for the first year but they were expensive because they would not use NCD from the car. Renewal time and I don't want to get caught again, so starting early.

At the moment Safeguard is the cheapest, but I am bit worried about the European cover because they rate my van as over 3.5t, because it is 7.2m long, even though it isn't over 3.5t!. That means no hire car ot overnight accommodation paid for if broken down. Would be interested to hear from anybody who has had to use their European rescue service (via AA).

Next cheapest (£45 more), and best service, was from Comfort, with the Aviva policy. Tried AIB but originally they were £15 more expensive that Comfort for the same policy. They phoned back and said they would match Comfort.

Now going to check Comfort's policy wording a bit more

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks folks, I spoke to Nigel today. I'm being a bit premature as it's not due for a month so he said to call him when I had the renewal notice. Here's hoping for a good quote when it comes.
Mags
I dealt with Nigel and was very happy with the deal I got:Smile:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
terry

Thank you for the recommendation I have just renewed my insurance with AIB a good saving on Comfort, full price of motorhome, no tracker required, 365 days full European breakdown insurance with no limitation on days out of UK, only £200 excess and 30% off our car insurance when it is due in August.

Darren is very good indeed and couldn't have been more helpful, highly recommend.

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back