Balmoral castle (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Leaving Friday morning at stupid o clock to leave for balmoral in Scotland. Sat nav says 7 and a half hrs. Don't think so me thinks can u trust your sat nav?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
just tried Birmingham to Braemar on Google maps, they say you will be there in 6 1/2 hours :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

385 miles using M6

I don't think so, mileage must be right, not time though

have fun

OP
OP
Flyingscotsman2
Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp

just tried Birmingham to Braemar on Google maps, they say you will be there in 6 1/2 hours :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

385 miles using M6

I don't think so, mileage must be right, not time though

have fun
i know stupid times I'll get there wen I get there lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I always recon it takes about 1.5 times the time the satnav says.... plus stops.

If I get a few cars behind me I pull over - same if a car has been following me for a couple of miles. I'm in no hurry but they may be and better very late than just a late puddleduck.

On the motorway I chug along with the trucks in the left hand lane unless one really is slow. I find my comfort speed and keep to it as safely as I can.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Hope you have a nice time up there, my sister met the Balmoral factor last week, he was on a walking holiday with a friend and she was high up in the hills looking after sons animals while he was on holiday. The men had lost a tent in bad weather so she put them up in a sheep shed with an old carpet but when she found out who it was she offered to upgrade but they wouldn't hear of it ::bigsmile: nice guys and proves its a small world as he knew our brother. :Smile:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The Balmoral Factor ? Think I missed that episode, was her maj tap dancing ? :roflmto:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hope you have a nice time up there, my sister met the Balmoral factor last week, he was on a walking holiday with a friend and she was high up in the hills looking after sons animals while he was on holiday. The men had lost a tent in bad weather so she put them up in a sheep shed with an old carpet but when she found out who it was she offered to upgrade but they wouldn't hear of it ::bigsmile: nice guys and proves its a small world as he knew our brother. :Smile:

Great story, but I have absolutely no idea who your friend put up for the night, do you need to be Scottish to understand? :Doh:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
New Year's Eve last year found us on t'front at Albufeira listening to a pop concert and waiting for the fireworks at midnight. At midnight and a few of us singing Auld Lang Syne, the bloke next to us - resplendent in large tartan Tam - after he'd kissed his wife got his phone out, fiddled with it to find a picture he wanted and kissed that.

Then turned to us and said, 'It's a photo of my Lady and I'm missing her this year' and showed us a pic of the Queen. Turned out he was the Catering Manager at Balmoral and it was the first time he'd had Hogmanay off in 20 years!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back