Electrical - Lighting Autotrail (1 Viewer)

hashers2

Free Member
Feb 28, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Help please
I am replacing all my fluorescent lights with LED. It has been straightforward for all but one light as the original fluorescent lights were connected using spade connectors and just two wires - positive and negative. It was a simple case of connecting the LED light to the + & - and using the existing light switch.
The problem light is a fluorescent with a built in switch (over the cooker). The light switch has been removed with the light so I therefore need to add a light switch to the circuit.
I have replaced a single CBE modular on/off light switch with a twin to give me the extra switch. Both switches have three spade terminals on the back.
The original fluorescent was connected by two negative wires soldered into a single spade terminal and two live wires soldered into a single spade terminal. When I connect these two spade terminals to my switch it blows the circuit fuse. It’s confusing as all my other light switches only have 3 wires, not 4.
Any assistance would be gratefully received. I have trawled the net for a wiring diagram without success.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Any assistance would be gratefully received..

Two black wires go direct to the LEDs negative/black.

The red pair go to the switch. The LEDs red goes to the switch. Fiddle with the switch connection 'till it switches on/off as required.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back