Paint RAL colour for Hymer S700 (1 Viewer)

captain

Free Member
Apr 1, 2014
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Hymer S700
Exp
since 2005
Hi I could contact Hymer in Germany but have anyone been down this road? I need to get some paint (cream colour for our Hymer S700 Classic. does anyone have the Ral number for it?

So that I can get a couple of spray cans made up.

All the best

Captain

paintman

Free Member
Aug 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
1 year
I have repaired an old Hymer in the past, from memory I matched the colour by eye, that route however is probably best left to experienced painters.
The best option for you wold be to pop in to your local paint supplier with your m/h, this one I found with a Google search.

http://www.paintbarnsley.co.uk/contactus.html

They should be able to match your colour either with their cream colour chips or possibly with a Spectrometer, once you have a colour code you can get a aerosol of it from Halfords if Paintbarnsley don't offer that service.

OP
OP
captain

captain

Free Member
Apr 1, 2014
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Hymer S700
Exp
since 2005
I have repaired an old Hymer in the past, from memory I matched the colour by eye, that route however is probably best left to experienced painters.
The best option for you wold be to pop in to your local paint supplier with your m/h, this one I found with a Google search.

http://www.paintbarnsley.co.uk/contactus.html

They should be able to match your colour either with their cream colour chips or possibly with a Spectrometer, once you have a colour code you can get a aerosol of it from Halfords if Paintbarnsley don't offer that service.

Hi Cheers for the info, yes we have a few paint shops in the area, a good one in Sheffield that i have used. I was hoping that someone had already tried a colour that was a good match scopes are ok to a point.

All my big spray gear is packed away waiting to go to it's new home in France, was just going to touch up a few areas, the colour for the main panels ie roof, front, bumper are all in the gel coat, but the old girl has polished up nice but a bit faded in the sun especially the heat in France!.

All the best

Captain

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paintman

Free Member
Aug 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
1 year
Hi Cheers for the info, yes we have a few paint shops in the area, a good one in Sheffield that i have used. I was hoping that someone had already tried a colour that was a good match scopes are ok to a point.

All my big spray gear is packed away waiting to go to it's new home in France, was just going to touch up a few areas, the colour for the main panels ie roof, front, bumper are all in the gel coat, but the old girl has polished up nice but a bit faded in the sun especially the heat in France!.

All the best

Captain

A pal of mine winters near Agadir in Morocco, he got the front end of his faded old Hymer painted for about ÂŁ100:thumb: whilst there.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I think it is ral9001 but only 99%
see here
http://www.ralcolor.com/

From the Hymer Handbook for the S700 Page 35 The paint is RAL 9001, Playa metallic.

This page also lists other parts such as windows part numbers for the cab, window wipers etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Hate to mention my S700 site, as I don't really expect everyone to read about our travels, and gain nothing from driving web traffic there - But the S700 manual on the Useful Information page - and as John says RAL 9001 is on Page 35 ..... It's a cream colour.

Cheers

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I have done a few of the older Hymers and they have faded at different rates at different parts of the bodywork.

Compound the area you need to paint and get a local paint shop to use a swatch on that area.

I have sometimes had to mix different formulations for the same van.

It must be that when they were new that different parts of the vans were sprayed at different factories or different types of paints.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back