Scam or what? (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2014
Naarfook
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
5 years
I received this email yesterday from an unknown sender......

"The motorhome is in excellent condition, no problems here, HPI clear, service history, 5 months of mot and tax. I must tell you that it belonged to my father who unfortunately passed away 3 months ago. The price I am looking for is 7400 pounds (I can also have it delivered within the UK for 120 pounds). Please see the attached pictures. Let me know if you are still interested. It's located in Foveran, near Aberdeen.
Thank you,"
Having never heard or contacted the sender I was somewhat confused, then I thought that all my boats had come sailing in one one day when I opened the first attachment....

SCAM OR WHAT?

Be aware you may be next! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• hymer.jpg
    hymer.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 92

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Yes

There are lots like this out there, judge for yourselves.:RollEyes:
This one is on this site, try --Motorhome Sales, Used Motorhomes, Auto Sleeper Nuevo II ES ,2010, £9,700. I reported it a while ago, disappointingly it's still on.

Enquiry goes to one email and answer from another.

First email enquiry reply from seller below.

The motorhomeis in excellent condition, no problems here, HPI clear, service history, 5 months of mot and tax. I must tell you that it belonged to my father who unfortunately passed away 3 months ago. The price I am looking for is 6,700 pounds (I can also have it delivered within the UK for 120 pounds). Please see the attached pictures. Let me know if you are still interested. It's located in Foveran, near Aberdeen.
Thank you, Paulina

Here's the follow up email replying to enquiry to view the vehicle at Aberdeen.

Let me explain.I do not live in Foveran, I live in Poland so I can't go there every time someone wants to see it, plus I can't go alone as I am a woman. I will get somebody to bring it to you (a neighbour of my late father) if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through Google Wallet. Delivery can be arranged in 2-3 days and you will have the chance to inspect it before I get paid. You deposit the money into Google Wallet and then the motorhome will be delivered. Everything is covered by Google Wallet, they will keep your money secured during the inspection period. This purchase protection guarantees that the motorhome is exactly as I described it; basically, once delivered, you'll have 5 days to inspect it and if you decide not to keep it you will get refunded in no time and they will charge me with the return costs. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received the motorhome in good order. You can read more regarding this option at http://how-to-use-google-checkout.co.uk
If you want it, let me know your phone number along with your name and address where it must be delivered so i can register the sale with Google to proceed.

If you will decide to not go through now then is not a problem I still quite have a few more offers from potential buyers. Hopefully, I made myself understood and we will be closing the deal. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Paulina

My number is 012xxxxxxxx which is forwarded to my home number here.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
possibly not. it is a Hymer::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
google the discription and images of the motorhome

it will appear in several other sites for the real price .. this belongs to somone else its either 4 x the price is in a motorhome sales room now on sale or someonme has just sold it and they used the details ,, i posted somthing similer to this months ago and my motorhome as i posted was being sold by someone else i put it on this forum because i couldnt believe it cheeky fcrs dont want to work but scam everyone,, whet was there email thanks,,:ROFLMAO:

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
i think its tyhe same guy

he claimed he was off shore on the rigs went through a divorce and he would be paid threw ebay??>? what from a site like gumtree,, dosnt happen ..

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
one last note

i see your looking for a motorhome,
yes we all wanted the best for the money and u should be prepaired to travel to see the perfect van but DONT pay anything or anyone any money or transaction with anyway other then seeing the van in real form,,
take someone from the forum with you theres someone from everywhere on here and are willing to give up an hour of there time,, take your time and if its too cheap i mean 1/3 of the price or seems unbelievable then it may well be fraud,, dont give details to any payment scheme ,, always
get a full HPI ON THE VAN dont exept anyones hpi as they could get a log book loan after the hpi,, so pay around £25 for a full credit and crash report,,, and take somone with you mechanical and body knowledge,:thumb::thumb: good luck,,

OP
OP
Jackspeak
Apr 23, 2014
Naarfook
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
5 years
Scam

This one claimed to be a woman sabina001, with an outlook address.....:Doh:

I'm too long in the tooth to fall for this one! ::bigsmile:

Cheers

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Goodness me children, looking at you all drooling over a very very cheap van thinking the cows have come home. its a bloody scam full stop, end of story, stop dreaming

Peter

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Do not listen to Peter a £70000 van for £7000 is common on Ebay. I have 2, one of which I am willing to let go for £10000 deposited into my account in Scotland before 18th September.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
you can have it delivered to the uk for £120 even though it is in Scotland:ROFLMAO: have they won independence aleady?::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back