Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi folks
We were Umming and ahhing about where to go next week and quite fancied Poole, so we thought we'd have a look at a Haven site as we only want somewhere to park-up overnight and possibly dry the dive-gear. Monday to friday was £43 for a euro pitch for four nights when we checked last week and includes a pass to all the facilitys.
Rechecked this morning and it's now £25,20 :whatthe: or £6,30 per night if booked singly
That'll do us :thumb:
So we'll be at Rockley park next week, if anyone fancies a libation in the evening pop-in and say hello.

Regards...nige&sheree

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I think many sites in the UK are desperate to pull in the punters now and reductions like this are indicative of the lengths they are prepared to go to, particularly more so as the entire country heads deeper into a financial depression.

Not so sure a stay on one of these sites would be my cup of tea though at any price, but then i have a fixed impression in my mind of an ailing "Hi-de-Hi" with mobs of screaming kids around, pot bellied parents in shell suits uttering an endless stream of expletives, noisy disco's and smelly bars!

Hopefully you can dispel my worst nightmare scenario!

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
I think many sites in the UK are desperate to pull in the punters now and reductions like this are indicative of the lengths they are prepared to go to, particularly more so as the entire country heads deeper into a financial depression.

Not so sure a stay on one of these sites would be my cup of tea though at any price, but then i have a fixed impression in my mind of an ailing "Hi-de-Hi" with mobs of screaming kids around, pot bellied parents in shell suits uttering an endless stream of expletives, noisy disco's and smelly bars!

Hopefully you can dispel my worst nightmare scenario!

hi bulletguy , no offence ment but i got a shell suit so have quite a few other motorhomers !!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
:whatthe: Chuck it in the bin and help restore your title of 'lady'....not to mention dignity!
Ray is not a lady and even if he were is that the way to speak to one, I also wear a shell suit, even if I've no idea what one is, you seem to have very controversial views that would be best kept to yourself. This is a fun site, and such posts disturb my fun.

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Its not what you wear but how you behave in it.
My wife says I can make a Armani suit look like a bag of S**T.

OP
OP
highwayman

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi bulletguy
Reading between the lines i can see what you're saying.
However we've previously stayed at a Haven site in Weymouth and out of season
the place was quiet although not somewhere i'd choose to go unless we were doing what we were doing then and will be doing next week which is (i hope)
loads of scuba-diving and snorkelling which means (a) we'll have loads of gear to rinse and dry and (b) by the time we get back in the evening we'll be knackered and just want a nice meal and to sit around a bit, so where we are is not as important as what's available. (if you know what i mean)

As for the pot-belly and shell-suit......have we met ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

regards...nige

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Going away shortly will they take an RV?

OP
OP
highwayman

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi RR
Sorry about the short answer yesterday, i wanted to answer but i also wanted to watch the moto gp.
Rang rockley just-now and they can only take a max length of 24ft, they don't know about the other parks but said try ringing the central booking office on
0871 230 1933 and they should know :thumb:
I've had a look at the site on google-earth and to be honest it looks like a small town of static vans with the camping field over in the corner by the railway line :Sad:
Still as we're only there in the evening it'll do.
If you can get-in on another of their sites have a look here Link Removed

regards...nige

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back