Devon North sites/parking? (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Hi, intend to do a short tour of N/devon for a few days mid august with friends so 2 x 6mts vans.
suggestions for good sites for a night and places to visit/eat with parking for visits during the day?
probably staying at minehead cc site to start and ending up at hartland stoke barton farm.

any suggestions?
thanks if u can help
bern

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
North Devon

You could try Wildman's place in Ilfracombe, see the August page of the Calendar for details :Cool:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Churchfields car park in Appledore. £5 per night from 6.00pm to 10.00 am then £3 for the day. The same charges in Westwardho. Barnstaple if you feel the need for some shopping, motorhome parking next to the coachpark.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
North Devon

Don't forget you can overnight for £5 per bay in Churchfields Car Park, Appledore. The Quay, Long Stay in Bideford, Main Car Park, Westward Ho! If you want to visit RHS Rosemoor near Torrington then South Street Car Park Torrington is another overnighter or Smytham Manor, near Little Torrington is also near Rosemoor and on the Tarka Trail. Little CL between Northam & Appledore called Marshford. Enjoy North Devon and don't forget to try a Hocking's Ice Cream with extra Clotted Cream! I love living here!

chrissyvine

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, intend to do a short tour of N/devon for a few days mid august with friends so 2 x 6mts vans.
suggestions for good sites for a night and places to visit/eat with parking for visits during the day?
probably staying at minehead cc site to start and ending up at hartland stoke barton farm.

any suggestions?
thanks if u can help
bern
Being born in Worcester, but living in North Devon for the last 38 years I feel I have to try and help you. Mid August is going to be very busy and you may need to check availability of sites. From Minehead (which is in Somerset) you could try Newberry Farm at Combe Martin (heard good reports of this site), Mill Farm at Berrynarbour is near a pretty village with good food pub (there are also other sites here such as Big Meadow, Watermouth cove) very scenic area with a castle tourist attraction as well. At Mortehoe, near Wildman's place there are several big sites mostly owned by Woolacombe Bay holidays, all singing all dancing sites with entertainment etc. A good quieter site which I highly recommend is Warcombe Farm which has a fishing lake. Croyde Bay has more large sites including Ruda Holiday park and there is a lovely sandy beach here and lots of foody pubs. Inland there is Hidden Valley park on the A39 towards Braunton, no pubs nearby but restaurant on site. Just remembered Channel View at Barbrook on the road from Minehead, great views and good pub/restaurant next door. The list goes on with many more sites in the Bideford area and Westward Ho! As I said it is a beautiful area, overlooked by many in favour of the South coast. A few days will not be enough to appreciate the variety of scenery from rocky coves in the North to wide expanse of sandy, surfing beaches backed by sand dunes on West facing coasts.
Regarding parking - Barnstaple is well worth visiting (my home town). I would suggest the car park by the railway station as there are spaces for campers (daytime only), There is also a P & R off the A39. Bideford has good parking along the far end of the quay by the river. Ilfracombe could be a nightmare, so if you're on a bus route ie at Mortehoe use the bus. Happy holidays, I hope this is some help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Thanks for the replys so far - great info.
Would not usually travel in Aug but thats the only time friends can make and they want to stay on sites so i guess we will need to book in peak season. If we were on our own a bit of wilding would be fine.
Bern

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Booking at my place is the same price all year round no seasonal ripoffs £7 per unit no extras for dogs, awnings or toad so you know where you are.
No EHU but do have water, WC, sink, Black dump. The local bus will stop at the gate on request. Pub/restaurant 800 yards, Beaches 3 miles several to choose from, great beach and cliff walks cycle paths, golf course, fishing etc. all very close by.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
It’s a great site but expensive. Pitch fee plus this plus that plus this again plus that again. :tmi:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back