Truma boiler and low water pressure (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Before I get someone in to have a look at it for me has anyone any suggestions?
My truma boiler is only getting the water luke warm at best on either electric or gas.
The other problem is the water pressure from the hot tap. When I turn on hot tap it takes ages for the water to come through as if there is an air lock somewhere and then when it's coming through ok if I turn it off and on again straightaway it does the same again ...air locked
Could this be connected to the boiler problem?
Supposed to be going away next week staying somewhere with no facilities so need hot water working for the shower.

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Like this
Broken Link Removed

and a removable outside cover like this

Broken Link Removed
Thanks for your replies The boiler looks the same but the outside vent is not the same it is a round raised dome.
Where would the non return valve be in relation to the boiler?

Last edited:
OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
It is a trumatic gas and electric boiler.It seems to get hot at the top but not at the bottom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
It is a trumatic gas and electric boiler.It seems to get hot at the top but not at the bottom.

Don't know much about these but it sounds like an air lock to me......

Over to the experts......

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
From the photo that is a C series heater, if its a 3402 its only 3 KW heating power and as the water heating is indirect it can take quite a while to heat a full tank of water. How long are you leaving it on for?

D.

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
From the photo that is a C series heater, if its a 3402 its only 3 KW heating power and as the water heating is indirect it can take quite a while to heat a full tank of water. How long are you leaving it on for?

D.
Left it on for 1hr on electric and same on gas it just gets lukewarm.
Then the hot tap just splutters for ages before any water comes out.
Noticed on another forum someone had a similar problem and they said it was the non return valve on the submersible pump that was at fault but would that stop the water heating in the boiler?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Submersible pumps don't provide a lot of pressure, you may need to upgrade your pump to a Reich Twin to gain a reasonable flow rate. Try leaving the heater on for longer, especially on electric.

This type of combined space and water heater comes in various guises, some have electric built in originally and if that is the case there will be two settings: 900 watts and 1800 watts. If its had electric water heating added then it will only do water heating (not space heating) on electric but it is only a 450 watt heating collar I think, the result is it will take a long time to heat the water up. There are also two heat settings for hot water if its an EH (electric built in) 40 deg and 60 deg.

There may be a problem with the non return valve which then allows the water to run back to the tank, this could possibly cause the problem you describe with water flow.

D.

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Submersible pumps don't provide a lot of pressure, you may need to upgrade your pump to a Reich Twin to gain a reasonable flow rate. Try leaving the heater on for longer, especially on electric.

This type of combined space and water heater comes in various guises, some have electric built in originally and if that is the case there will be two settings: 900 watts and 1800 watts. If its had electric water heating added then it will only do water heating (not space heating) on electric but it is only a 450 watt heating collar I think, the result is it will take a long time to heat the water up. There are also two heat settings for hot water if its an EH (electric built in) 40 deg and 60 deg.

There may be a problem with the non return valve which then allows the water to run back to the tank, this could possibly cause the problem you describe with water flow.

D.
Thank you for taking the time to reply its appreciated.
Yes it has two settings 900 and 1800 watts and 40 and 60 deg and the pump that is fitted is a Reich which is in the onboard tank.
Would you fit a seperate non return valve ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thank you for taking the time to reply its appreciated.
Yes it has two settings 900 and 1800 watts and 40 and 60 deg and the pump that is fitted is a Reich which is in the onboard tank.
Would you fit a seperate non return valve ?
its fitted as part of the boiler

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Sorry to have disappeared on you but been offline until now, however it seems you are getting good advice and your boiler is not the type I have experience on, hope you resolve your problem.:thumb:
Cheers

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Water heater now working thanks to advice from Tremybach and Dave Newell

Well it is working fine now thanks to the advice from Tremybach and Dave Newell.:thumb:
I had a non return valve fitted and it now works perfectly ...heated up in about 20 minutes
Also the flush to the loo works far better as well obviously the water was all draining back into tank.
Big thank you to you both:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back