Full-time in Europe/Scandinavia (1 Viewer)

donna g

Free Member
Sep 13, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Buying soon!
Exp
none yet!
Now that we are all friendly and European (!), does anyone have a problem with the '6 months in a country' rule? Based on the travel I have done in the past (not in an MH) I can see that it would be quite possible to turn a planned trip of a few months into a couple of years or more. Do you still have to come back into the UK, or is that just to keep up UK access to things like the NHS, pensions etc?

And how good are the free/cheap overnight sites in Europe? Or the camping card?

Thanks! :Smile:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Now that we are all friendly and European (!), does anyone have a problem with the '6 months in a country' rule? Based on the travel I have done in the past (not in an MH) I can see that it would be quite possible to turn a planned trip of a few months into a couple of years or more. Do you still have to come back into the UK, or is that just to keep up UK access to things like the NHS, pensions etc?

And how good are the free/cheap overnight sites in Europe? Or the camping card?

Thanks! :Smile:
The six month rule in Spain is 182 days in any one year and do they enforce it ? Who knows ! I don't know of anyone who has been ejected from the country, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. They probably only check if you have done something wrong.
To retain UK benefits such as NHs cover etc, you need a UK address, and make sure that all the relevant organisations know it. ie Doctor, DVLC and so on.
I'm on this site from September to March and I pay 354 Euros per month all in.
I have to go back to the UK for the MOT but thats all.
Pete:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back