Hi Everyone (1 Viewer)

HellFireCorner

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
St Margaret's Bay, Dover
Funster No
This is our first time so bear with us. Don't be put off by our name Hellfire Corner, its where we live - St Margaret's Bay, Nr Dover, Kent. which was commanderred by the army in WW2, it is the closest land to France.

We are looking forward to looking at this website and finding out about motorhomes as we retire in 2016, we will be asking lots of questions about what to buy.:Smile:

Jim and Sue

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
well you are looking at the right site.ask away.we will be there to help you.but remember this is the house of fun.so welcome.:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Jim & Sue, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This is our first time so bear with us. Don't be put off by our name Hellfire Corner, its where we live - St Margaret's Bay, Nr Dover, Kent. which was commanderred by the army in WW2, it is the closest land to France.

We are looking forward to looking at this website and finding out about motorhomes as we retire in 2016, we will be asking lots of questions about what to buy.:Smile:

Jim and Sue

Look right -- see John's Cross Motorhomes.

Go visit them, you'll not regret the experience. The only way to do this is sit in as many MHs as you can.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Hi Jim and Sue. :welcomefunster:

We all had to start somewhere and this is probably the best place to ask questions. Lots and lots of research can help you make the right choice first time when buying a van.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Jim & Sue and welcome to the Fun! :welcome:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:fatbuddha:

Ask as many questions as you need to, you'll get lots of answers and some might even be useful and sensible!!!!!

johnandsue

Free Member
Jun 25, 2011
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Jim and Sue,

Welcome.

I'm also fairly new to this game and had lots of help from the site. The best piece of advice I had when I started was don't buy new to begin with as it will take time to work out what layout suits you best, they were right I am about to buy my second m/h to get a better layout, hopefully I will get it right this time.

Good luck and look forward to hearing how,you are getting on. :thumb:

John

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Welcome to Fun, remember the only silly question is the one you don't ask.

Be prepared to compromise, the perfect van has not been built yet!

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Greetings Jim and Sue, as another newbie, I can vouch the fact the friendliness of Funsters here is GREAT...........:Cool:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Friends of ours in Penzance took themselves off to the Shepton Mallet motorhome show in the car, stayed in a Travelodge or Premier Inn or somewhere, and had a full weekend discovering.

Then they hired one for a week to have a play at it - and agreed with us that a 2 berth isn't really big enough for 2 if you want long holidays and need to allow for less than scorchio weather.

Just need to sell their house now to get the wherewithal ......

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Welcome to you both,took me years of research to come up with the right van. Pop along to New Romney 19th-21st Sept were having a Rally, you can ask to awkward questions to other Funsters and have a good time.:welcome::thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Jim & Sue, welcome to fun, keep the questions coming that's what it's all about. :welcomefunster:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome. Far from being put off by 'Hellfire Corner' I think it's great - it certainly beats our unimaginative forum name!

Wyn

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome:thumb:
terry

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome to the site, I've learnt more on here than all the googling for answers ever gave me.

Oh, St Margaret's Bay, Nr Dover? You'll be a useful addition for Funsters crossing the channel, we often need somewhere to overnight before the early ferry.
:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
H

HellFireCorner

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
St Margaret's Bay, Dover
Funster No
Welcome to you both,took me years of research to come up with the right van. Pop along to New Romney 19th-21st Sept were having a Rally, you can ask to awkward questions to other Funsters and have a good time.:welcome::thumb:

Would have done but we are on holiday then, hope to meet another time. thx:Smile:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome both from James & Sue!!!!

Like many others, we'll give you a wave when in Kent and approaching the Channel Crossing. HellFfireCorner is a great and original location - and one that this nation owes a big debt to too.

This truly is a great site and worth the tenner. Even THE most obtuse question is answered by someone. You get more tips than a Cabby! I read almost everything on the forum, even if it doesn't immediately apply to me (like putting magnets on shower walls and curtains to prevent the curtains sticking to you!).

Enjoy the quest for your 'van and the fabulous time you'll have in 2016.

Let us know how you're getting on.

Best regards
James & Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back