Feb 29, 2008
Videix, France
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
9 years
Hi all,

Anyone tried to get a 235 R80 22.5 in Europe? Short answer seems to be you can't. In fact I'm struggling to find a supplier in the States. So, I'm just wondering what anyone else has done. Right now I have the choice of getting them in from the US or finding a close as possible match in Europe and changing all my tyres. Gulp. Still, they're probably nearly due.

Help?? :Sad:

Richard

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Richard
you can buy them Link Removed they do delivery too if reqd
Geo
Tel: No is on the site too

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Floozie2

Free Member
Feb 29, 2008
Videix, France
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
9 years
Thanks for the info guys. Sinton were my first port of call, but they were a bit vague to be honest. Interesting they have the tyres listed on the website so prominently. I'll give the others a try, but they're not listing the specific size.

hereford bull

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
HEREFORD
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
6 YRS
my local tyre depot quoted me£ 298 for a goodyear and £206 for a cheaper make last year .i wanted one for a spare to go to spain but in the end decided against it as theres nowwhere to put it .what i would like to know is if there is a european equivelant size ,if youve got to change them all .it bothers me when i go to spain that if i have a puncture they havent got a tyre and i could be on the roadside a long time. anybody know??

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Seems not. Can't your local tyre depot advise? Perhaps one of the tyre manufacturers technical departments can help

Regards
Doug

C

Caravanning

Deleted User
Avoid 'cheaper' tyres particularly if fitting them as singles. Most reputable coach operators you will find will only fit Michellins on the front axle.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
my local tyre depot quoted me£ 298 for a goodyear and £206 for a cheaper make last year .i wanted one for a spare to go to spain but in the end decided against it as theres nowwhere to put it .what i would like to know is if there is a european equivelant size ,if youve got to change them all .it bothers me when i go to spain that if i have a puncture they havent got a tyre and i could be on the roadside a long time. anybody know??

Hi Ron

I carry a tyre (no rim) in the slide out tray in the locker I found an old water butt that was a good size to go inside the tyre as a lift out store and also have various spare parts in the tyre aswell such as filters, belts etc. Our loungers go ontop and the butt saves the tyre being flattened.

Link Removed

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Avoid 'cheaper' tyres particularly if fitting them as singles. Most reputable coach operators you will find will only fit Michellins on the front axle.

To say "cheaper" tyres are all inferior to Michelin is not strictly true and most other major brands are just as reliable.
High mileage operators often choose to use Michelin because their casings have a 4 life system.
1 New 2 Re-cut 3 Remix and 4 Remix Re-cut. After that private tyre Retread Companies will buy remix re-cut casings and give them a 5th life as a Re-tread.
This means that the operator can track tyre life and end up with a casing he can sell on. More expensive to buy new but cheaper in the long run.:thumb:
PS this only works where the tyres do high mileage and the casings are not too old to be processed by Michelin.

Last edited:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I asume that you have looked at the possibility of re-cutting the tyres you have.
I have been a long time out of the tyre business but I have no reason to believe that re-cuts are any less legal or safe than they were 20 years ago.
The actual terms are Regroove and Regrooveable.

The nearest equivalant to the 235/80-22.5 is 245/75-22.5 The link below allows you to check the diameter of different tyre sizes against each other
Pete

Tire size calculator

Last edited:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
apart from the 22.5 what do those numbers mean

235 = Tread width in mm
80 = Aspect ratio ie side wall height as a % of tread width ( just to complicate the issue 80 is actualy 82%.):Doh:
22.5 is the wheel dia. in inches.
Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back