Dish gets stuck under the roof bars (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
A

alanjenkins

Free Member
Jun 7, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It moves around as if it is having difficulty finding South then the arm finds its way under the roof bars, it jams and grinds to a halt and the only fix is to get on the roof , remove the bars and help it along. Not ideal!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It moves around as if it is having difficulty finding South then the arm finds its way under the roof bars, it jams and grinds to a halt and the only fix is to get on the roof , remove the bars and help it along. Not ideal!

Seems an obvious statement, but it appears from your description the system has been fitted in the wrong place, the only other reason would be the arm is not located properly??
Im sure you understand and it is usual practice that an Auto dish requires 360 degree clearances through out and full up and down range without banging into roof fittings
Pictures would help us help you

PS have you ever had a picture with this set up or is it new to you?

OP
OP
A

alanjenkins

Free Member
Jun 7, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It used to work fine which is what is so confusing.

OP
OP
A

alanjenkins

Free Member
Jun 7, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Picture attached - It is the black bit at the end of the arm that goes under the rails and jams

Attachments

• Satellite.jpg
    Satellite.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 95

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ok My opinion for what its worth

1. The Sat installation position is poor, this scenerio should not have been allowed to happen
2. Whats gone wrong? I believe the Sat can and will again work properly.
when it knows where to look for the satelite, it seems to have lost its bearing
and is now looking in places it has never had reason to before.
Thinking about your problem the only way the arm can catch the roof rails is when searching round and round with the dish almost pointing at the roof and it aint going to find a satellite on yer roof is it:Doh:, Unless NASA have had a mishap they dont want to tell us about:Eeek:

Me thinks you need to try totaly depriving the control box of electrickery (Unplug It) and set it of again for a search with you on a ladder to assist it past the obstruction in its quest.
If it then fails to lock on
It may be due to the recent moving of the Satellite position and need re programing

I dont believe its broke, its poorly fitted and just like little Brian on the TV its a computer and a little confused, (Ok wrong insurance company):ROFLMAO: Sorry small person:Doh:

It just needs a Hard Re Boot up the backside or a re program and once trained again in its purpose in life wont go near the roof rails agin

PS Sad I know but I went to sleep pondering this problem and hopefully woke up with the answer
Good luck
Geo
More simple answer
Alternatively the arm it's self is broken and not lifting correctly with the dish, it should be about 30 degrees on an upward slope away from the dish when the dish is about straight up and of course miss the roof rails

Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
I have never had a roof mounted dish, so I do not know what is wrong with yours, the only thing I can think of it,s not what others have said, could it have moved ?. Pete

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Set minimum search height.

My Oyster sat system can be programmed not to search too low . So it won't hit my skylights on my Amethyst.
B.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back