LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have finally got round to taking some photos of the RMB 760. Am more than pleased with it at the moment, although time will tell when DVLA get there finger out and send me some registration papers. I had a couple of new steer tyres fitted yesterday which I almost had to take a mortgage out for by the time they were fitted balanced and tracked. Other than that all seems well apart from fitting some extra 12 volt sockets and a double mains socket in the garage. The garage on the 670 was big enough, but this garage is huge compared, strangely it is now full :Doh:. The Heki roof light in the lounge does make it seem much lighter than the 670 and of course with 170 BHP on tap it pulls well. Fuel consumption is much the same when it was brought back from Germany, but it was comparatively empty compared to our travelling weight. The only complaint I have is that its manual whereas I would have preferred an automatic. For a big bus, it stops well as its on full air, and the Telmar 4 stage retarder should help with brake pads when descending mountains with the trailer in tow. First outing will be the Southport meet, followed by Haganaps bring and buy then home for the Liverpool giants, after that, who knows where, but I would like to be able to put another new set of tyres on next year :winky:.

Attachments

• RMB 760 001.jpg
    RMB 760 001.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 389
  • RMB 760 003.jpg
    RMB 760 003.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 345
  • RMB 760 007.jpg
    RMB 760 007.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 381
  • RMB 760 006.jpg
    RMB 760 006.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 340
  • RMB 760 002.jpg
    RMB 760 002.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 324

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It looks very clean and shiny. :Smile: GT registration - Gothenburg?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
She looks beautiful :thumb:
terry

I was hoping it would be a he Terry, as most of the she`s I have known over the years turned out to be high maintenance :RollEyes:.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Fantastic looking van mate. :thumb:

Bar version my favourite layout we have it in ours really suits us. :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Fantastic looking van mate. :thumb:

Bar version my favourite layout we have it in ours really suits us. :thumb:

We got on so well with the bar version in the 670 that it was a priority when were looking for another van. The only fault we had with the 670 was that it only had a short couch. This has the full couch, so that was a bonus. The extra metre in length gives us a bigger wardrobe on one side and the full couch on the other. The garage is also slightly wider.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Really nice!

But then you'd expect me to say that as I'm clearly very biased.::bigsmile:

Very 'typical' RMB look to the inside. Loads of beautiful solid wood.

I imagine no creaks, rattles or groans anywhere either.

So, have you bought the matching trailer?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
HE looks beautiful ::bigsmile::winky:know where your coming from :winky:
terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Really nice!

But then you'd expect me to say that as I'm clearly very biased.::bigsmile:

Very 'typical' RMB look to the inside. Loads of beautiful solid wood.

I imagine no creaks, rattles or groans anywhere either.

So, have you bought the matching trailer?

Have not bought the trailer as yet. I have still got the monkey wrench on him, but am having difficulty tightening him down any more without stripping the threads ::bigsmile:.

DebsD

Free Member
Aug 27, 2013
North West England
Funster No
MH
KonTiki 640 (an old one)!
Exp
Since 2008
Verrrrrrry nice ! U going to bring it thro the tunnel to show it me ? We're only a few mins off the m53 :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I got round to fitting the extra Hella sockets today for the beer fridge and macerator. The fridge was pulling 5.5 amps, so I thought I would start the engine and see how the habitation alternator performed. As the chassis is 24 volt, the builder fitted 2 alternators, one 24 volt for the dirty bits and one 12 volt for the clean bits. Very similar setup to a B2B charger. Wow does that baby charge, straight up to 25 amps +. Have heard several selfbuilds have 2 alternators but never realised just how good they were. Am now thinking thats why there are 2 battery mains chargers fitted.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
It looks like you got the van of your dreams Dave:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have finally got round to taking some photos of the RMB 760. Am more than pleased with it at the moment, although time will tell when DVLA get there finger out and send me some registration papers. I had a couple of new steer tyres fitted yesterday which I almost had to take a mortgage out for by the time they were fitted balanced and tracked. Other than that all seems well apart from fitting some extra 12 volt sockets and a double mains socket in the garage. The garage on the 670 was big enough, but this garage is huge compared, strangely it is now full :Doh:. The Heki roof light in the lounge does make it seem much lighter than the 670 and of course with 170 BHP on tap it pulls well. Fuel consumption is much the same when it was brought back from Germany, but it was comparatively empty compared to our travelling weight. The only complaint I have is that its manual whereas I would have preferred an automatic. For a big bus, it stops well as its on full air, and the Telmar 4 stage retarder should help with brake pads when descending mountains with the trailer in tow. First outing will be the Southport meet, followed by Haganaps bring and buy then home for the Liverpool giants, after that, who knows where, but I would like to be able to put another new set of tyres on next year :winky:.
YOU JAMMY GIT! :whatthe:

That's a [STRIKE]wee[/STRIKE] big smasher you've got there. :thumb: You've done well Dave....................again, hence the "jammy git" remark. :winky:

Can I book 2 x tickets for the Grand Tour at Southport please? :roflmto: I'll bring the beer. :thumb:

Here's another vote for the "bar lounge" layout, with the full length settee. :thumb: Yae canny can't beat it. ::bigsmile:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Looks all right I spose...:winky:::bigsmile:

:thumb:Nice one Dave...

Just trying to figure out where "OUR" Kipper goes... :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
At first I was a little concerned about the OM 904LA being drive by wire. After all I am old school and dont have much faith in a diesel engine that is controlled by electrickery. After extensive research I did eventually convince myself that this engine is a reliable unit.
Although am not convinced that it will be happy running on my favoured fuel, which is as some know home brewed bio, it does seem to be quite frugal for a big lump, so until more research is done I will be helping the national debt and filling up with dino diesel.
My little man that can, has been underneath and he tells me it has the coach diff, so that explains why its still in the green at 65MPH, just.
All the steering and brake components have recently been replaced, so it should be good for a few trips now. Having religiously changed oil in my previous vehicles at 5000 miles it will now be a bonus to be able to do oil changes at 20000 mile intervals. I have checked out service parts and as its a commercial vehicle they are relatively cheep compared to the smaller vans I have owned in the past.
Although the habitation side of things was a little daunting at first, I do now have a general idea of how most things work.
The only fault I have is the cassette, but am going to give it a try and see how I get on with it. If not I will convert it to my favoured black tank. Am looking forward to pulling some tarmac under the tyres now :thumb:.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Looks all right I spose...:winky:::bigsmile:

:thumb:Nice one Dave...

Just trying to figure out where "OUR" Kipper goes... :thumb:

Dont worry Mo, its already packed away in the garage ready to help you out at Southport ::bigsmile:.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Any plans to put a fuel cell in there, Dave?

Not as yet. It does have 300 watts of solar and it did have a genny as the tank is still there, but the genny went duff and the previous owner removed it. I do carry a Kipor, but have only ever used it in anger once and that was to help some old guy out at Jims :ROFLMAO:.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just as a point of interest, my RMB 670 sale fell through as the prospective buyer was having problems with his house sale. If anyone is interested in BUYING let me know as it will save me the trouble of mothballing it.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Lovely van:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun