LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
yes all the time. much cheaper than a fixed dome and although not as simple, tends to be more reliable. i can move the tripod and dish quicker than moving the van to get a signal

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Have done in the past with good results and they are common place now on many sites

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hudders1

Hudders1

Free Member
Sep 14, 2013
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Ford transit
Exp
I'm a newbie
yes all the time. much cheaper than a fixed dome and although not as simple, tends to be more reliable. i can move the tripod and dish quicker than moving the van to get a signal

Hi can I ask which one you have please? I don't want to get a cheap one that works some of the time

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi can I ask which one you have please? I don't want to get a cheap one that works some of the time

Choose any you fancy off Ebay, ideally with a tripod they all do the same job or at least they do until you get half way down France

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i use a standard sky 40cm mini dish mounted on a modified camera tripod.

Total cost....around £20

Dedicated mobile 'dish in a box' kit can be fiddly to set up and aim.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I use a 60cm triax dish with folding arm for easy transport with a quality LNB fitted using a speaker stand tripod. in the van I have a standard sky box, which has a card in that i pay for using sky multiroom. got sky hd in the lounge and use the extra room box in the bedroom but put it in the van when we go away. gives all the same channels as we receive on the hd box at home for £5 a month

setting up takes a couple of minutes, using a dishpointer app on my phone that shows where to aim for in the sky. then fine tune using a meter. my best result so far has been under 1 minute from opening the tripod to being sat watching tv inside with a coffee. the more you do it the easier you will find it. best tool though is the phone app

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
tripod
Broken Link Removed

dish with folding arm
Broken Link Removed

LNB will depend on budget but up to £15

oh and use a quality cable not a thin piece of rubbish as it degrades the signal strength

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
this is my kit, works a treat. only draw back is on some aires its not practicable to set up. but it works fine and more often than not I am able to use it.

Broken Link Removed

steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back