Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We got a Lumix DMC-FZ48...

Presume it`s similar possibly with a better Zoom... our`s is a 24+ optical zoom..

And it`s brilliant.. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ7, it has a leica lens, 12 x optical zoom plus 3 x digital I have found it to be an amazing camera and does all I ask if it. The later models have 24x optical lens but without a tripod that would be a waste of time. The zoom function is amazing and I do use it a lot. Colour rendition is excellent and there are a good number of control options for exposure/focus. The Leica lens is supurb and sold me on it when I first saw it.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ7, it has a leica lens, 12 x optical zoom plus 3 x digital I have found it to be an amazing camera and does all I ask if it. The later models have 24x optical lens but without a tripod that would be a waste of time. The zoom function is amazing and I do use it a lot. Colour rendition is excellent and there are a good number of control options for exposure/focus. The Leica lens is supurb and sold me on it when I first saw it.

I have a similar model (the TZ7) and I can endorse everything Wildman says. A brilliant camera, whether you use it to point and shoot (like me) are use the extensive adjustments to set up your own shots - and it also shoots good movies too! And small enough to carry around on your belt, unlike my Canon SLR, which never got used because it was simply too bulky.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Just seen a fantastic new camera going very cheaply on ebay. It has all the latest design features, and is so portable its brilliant!
Top of the range, with a REALLY fast shutter speed, and the latest 'Hawkeye' technology. This will certainly rat you camera guys off! Ordered it just now. (y)(y)

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
teddybard

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Just seen a fantastic new camera going very cheaply on ebay. It has all the latest design features, and is so portable its brilliant!
Top of the range, with a REALLY fast shutter speed, and the latest 'Hawkeye' technology. This will certainly rat you camera guys off! Ordered it just now. (y)(y)

Broken Link Removed

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
When we met you at Wrenbury we thought you were a FFF and we were right
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
We all have our favourites.......buy an well known brand and you will be ok.
I would argue that if you get a new one buy a model a couple of years old...but new from somewhere like Amazon.
Brand new... latest models are going to cost twice as much and all they are going to give you is extras you don't need..like GPS..and larger megapixels and massive zoom , none of which are essential.

You don't really need more that 6 megapixels........12 will be just fine.
For most people leave it on auto and let the camera do all the thinking for you.

And none of this is going to make anyone a good photographer...but it might just get what you shoot in focus :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back