Outdoor Revolution Cayman Driveaway awning (1 Viewer)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Funsters, my sister in law is thinking of buying the outdoor revolution cayman drive away awning she has a td4 vw. Any funsters got one of these can they tell us what they like or dislike any info much appreciated .:Smile:
regards Kate x

Glyn and Debbie

Free Member
May 18, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
Since 2008
Hi we have the movelite classic xl which we have used twice, we have it for sale at £75 it is in excellent condition and was over £200 new.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi we have the movelite classic xl which we have used twice, we have it for sale at £75 it is in excellent condition and was over £200 new.

Hi Glyn and Debbie, that is a bargain but my sister in law got a td5 vw not a td4 as stated in post above. The xl might be to high for it but i will mention it to her. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Cayman XL Motorhome awnings with a fitting height of 240 - 290cm

Standard Cayman Height Range: 180 - 240cms

Theres a wide range of awnings and annexes here >> http://www.johnscross.co.uk/motorhome-awnings.html

Dont get confused :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Hi Pete, already on it phoned John Cross today at 4.50pm waiting for a call back from Ed tommorow. We think its got to be the standard height. We need to see if it can be strapped over van as opposed to sliding in rail as there is no rail. Just wondered if the xl would help with it being thrown over the van??
regards Kate

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
We have the Movelite Cayman XLF. Only put it up once to see how everything went. Fitted it by Kador and fig8 to Fiamma awning. slight breaze and it pulled the awning out 6 inch on one side so then fixed it to the roof bars. Much safer.

Last edited:

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
Be aware that the Cayman range only come with guy lines and not straps,also they do not supply the guy lines to go over the van.:thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There's not a lot height wise between the t4 and t5 anyway, so you really need the ones which are meant for lower vehicles, from experience buying one that has a tunnel meant for a higher vehicle means it flaps around and also allows rain to puddle in the excess material ... not ideal.

The other thing to consider is the rear width at the back of the awning where it sits against the van so that the sliding door can be fully opened - a lot of the smaller type awnings ones don't allow for this and you then run the risk of the top of the open door tearing the awning tunnel. Looking at the images below you really need something a with a tunnel a minimum of 2.4m wide - note that the width measurements on awnings are the base measurement and therefore the top, being tapered in, is usually quite a bit smaller. I'd therefore suggest a 3m wide one to make sure it fits okay.

Attachments

• vw t5.jpg
    vw t5.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 11
  • vw t4.jpg
    vw t4.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 8

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just found this on Ebay where someone has a VW and bought the Movelite Classic XL and you can see the size of it and the excess material of the tunnel, however if your SIL is able she could sew some straps on the tunnel so it can be gathered at the sides to remove the excess material from the top to make it taut which would probably solve the puddling problem. I've noticed that quite a few awnings now have these side straps within the tunnel for this purpose.

Broken Link Removed

I've just found this which may be more suitable?

Broken Link Removed

The best bet is to have a good shuftie at awnings, both new and second hand (Ebay has good images) and then she can decide exactly which one will suit. If she isn't sure then I'd suggest she gets a second hand one of the type she wants and see if it is right for her, if it is then great, if not then she hasn't laid out a load of money and would more than likely get it back if she sold it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back