Oh now that has pi**ed me off! (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
So tomorrow we're off to the tunnel for 3 weeks away in France :Cool:

When loading the van yesterday the water pump kicked in for a split second. 15 minutes later it did the same :Eeek:

We've had no frost here and the last trip out in the MH was to get the annual inspection at a cost of £160+ :Angry:

I'm not going to get dirty sorting it out before I go. I'll just switch it off when we are not using it. But for-the-love-of-pound-cake???

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
if it is of any help mine has been doing that for 18months, if i remember i turn it off, if not no big problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
mine kicks in now and again for a second or two,,i put it down to loosing a bit of preassure in the pipes...

OP
OP
Sidney
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Thanks that is reassuring. Maybe it's air :thumb:

Or maybe a leak :Doh:

Either way I'm just going to go with the flow geddit :ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Favorite place for a leak is a drip at the shower head.. or one of the taps..

it only takes a couple of drips for the line pressure to drop enough to cause the pump to cut in..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If it has been drained down the most common thing is a bit of air in the hot water tank :Smile:

It could also be something like a bit of calcification or 'dritty boggle' as odd bit of detritus used to be called under one of the pump diaphragm

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Some water pumps dislike going through the Chunnel. It may have heard you and the wife chatting. :winky:

Disconnect, and then check it out when you have time and leisure, much better then going into AGGGGHHHHHHHHHH mode before you travel.

Have a great trip, and enjoy. :thumb:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Had that problem for the last 7 years on our caravan. 12mm plastic pipes and push fit connectors, bloody whale system!!!
Tried all sorts to correct it. Finally, changed the push fit connectors one by one and found the leaky one in the bottom of a cupboard, bloody near impossible to get at (had to cut a hole in cupboard wall) but now fine (fingers crossed)
I would go around each push fit and make sure they are all properly fitted ie pushed right home before changing any.
Good luck with it.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Had that problem for the last 7 years on our caravan. 12mm plastic pipes and push fit connectors, bloody whale system!!!
Tried all sorts to correct it. Finally, changed the push fit connectors one by one and found the leaky one in the bottom of a cupboard, bloody near impossible to get at (had to cut a hole in cupboard wall) but now fine (fingers crossed)
I would go around each push fit and make sure they are all properly fitted ie pushed right home before changing any.
Good luck with it.

Yes, had the same thing, the whale connectors are c!!p.
Went to the local hydraulics centre, got some 12mm push in air pipe conectors, sorted & cheaper.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back