Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Hopefully we all have corkscrews, kettles, loo roll etc, but (thought sparked by my daughter as a first year student at uni insisting she needed a pestle and mortar,) I thought I would throw out the
'anything unusual on board" for a bit of fun
To start things off we have a cocktail shaker and shot measures plus angostura bitters - love a martini perfect when we arrive, complete with an orange twist carved from the zester!

You never know might pick up a few ideas!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hopefully we all have corkscrews, kettles, loo roll etc, but (thought sparked by my daughter as a first year student at uni insisting she needed a pestle and mortar,) I thought I would throw out the
'anything unusual on board" for a bit of fun
To start things off we have a cocktail shaker and shot measures plus angostura bitters - love a martini perfect when we arrive, complete with an orange twist carved from the zester!

You never know might pick up a few ideas!

oddly .. we carry food .. find it invaluable..

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Doggy blanket... I don't have a dog.:Sad: But just in case someone brings theirs into my van I keep it there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Like three bl**dy ladders?????????????
Ladder 1. There was no ladder with the van, and so I saw one on Flea-Bay. Hymer ladder....GREAT. Bought it, wrong ladder. The one we need is for the overcab Luton bed, and not the drop down version. :Doh:
Ladder 2. With the above failure fresh to mind, we bought the shorter version of the very popular fold inside itself ladder. The works, but really we could do with an original Hymer Camp version, I think they were wooden.
Ladder 3. Small step ladder for allowing me to access the rear roof ladder, (which starts half way up the back of the van,) and for cleaning etc. :cry:

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Depends on what is considered unusual. I wouldn't hit the road without my indispensible collection of roadkill recipes. Probably not all that unusual though.

Dinner at my place?

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Depends on what is considered unusual. I wouldn't hit the road without my indispensible collection of roadkill recipes. Probably not all that unusual though.

Dinner at my place?

Is this opportunistic road kill ?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

Dinner at my place?
nothing wrong with a bit of fresh road kill:ROFLMAO:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
My Tarboosh, green hardhat and Mankini,

I like to surprise visitors:ROFLMAO:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
With our old van we lost the knob off the roof vent over the bed and had to use mole grips to stop the vent opening as we drove along. Ordered a new knob and the mole grips stayed at the edge of the overcab bed just in case. When we traded it in at the last minute remembered the mole grips . Do you think mole grips in the bed count as anything strange......we thought the dealers might have got the wrong idea:Blush:

David

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Does a 50" Plasma TV in a panel van sound to much ????

We had to swop it in the end, was a pain having to take it out every time Irene wanted the loo.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• trig 1.jpg
    trig 1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 67

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
With our old van we lost the knob off the roof vent over the bed and had to use mole grips to stop the vent opening as we drove along. Ordered a new knob and the mole grips stayed at the edge of the overcab bed just in case. When we traded it in at the last minute remembered the mole grips .[HI] Do you think mole grips in the bed count as anything strange......we thought the dealers might have got the wrong idea:Blush:[/HI]

David

Nothing wrong with mole grips, man tools...........tweezers would be a different story :ROFLMAO:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
portable oxygen concentrator and other medical bits, do they count as unusual?::bigsmile:

other than that, try 3 big hairy licking machines aka my fur babies or dogs:ROFLMAO:

the only other odd inclusion in our van is my beloved SWMBO:ROFLMAO:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I sometimes take a kiddie trailer for my bike, but no kiddies.

Why? Ever stopped on the seafront aire at La Palmyre where the service point is half a mile away at the other aire? Very handy for transporting the grey water jerry can and the bog cartridge without losing your parking spot.

Also handy for local supermarket trips where you don't want to lose your aire spot. Provided the bog cartridge didn't spill earlier.

I can fit my 9'2" surfboard into it as well if it's too far to walk to the beach.

I also carry bolt cutters, a mattock, a folding shovel, a saw, a black PVC camping shower bag for heating up water solar style, and a boomerang.

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
. Do you think mole grips in the bed count as anything strange......we thought the dealers might have got the wrong idea:Blush:

David

You should worry - it is when the dealers find the mankini and the mink handcuffs that people really start to worry.....:Blush:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
A swear box - it fills up too easily these days - why is it that (almost) every other driver is an idiot......

..............Hang on I even swear at myself!
:ROFLMAO:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
pictoral pepper pig donimos, I must learn to recognise numbers:Blush:

overdrive

Free Member
May 1, 2014
Reading
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1986
Year before last we were on a half term week away end of October to Dartmouth, it was the first time we had used the van since August having come back from 42 deg in Italy.:Cool:

Travelling down the M5 doing about 60-65mph I was aware of this loud buzzing noise coming from the side window, a quick glance to the right I saw this large tan coloured hornet with about a 3inch wingspan, my wife shreiked :whatthe:, and I calmly hit the electric window switch, fortunately the suction from the lowered drivers window took it out of the cab.:yeah:

We can only think that the hornet flew in the open window (no aircon) in August and lodged itself in the cab curtains beside me. It was cooler in the UK in September/October so just hibernated, when we put the heater on in late October it must have woken it up.

It gave us both quiet a scare, we were lucky it did not come into the cab further or distract me too much at speed. :Smile:

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back