Free Member
Apr 20, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi all
I have poor pressure, not personally but the pump in the van seems to work fine when I take it out and try it but, when I put it back and turn the tap on and we only get a dribble, does not appear to be air in the system as there is no spitting, any ideas before I buy a new pump.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Have you got a screw on bubble filter thingy (technical term)? Sometimes they have hairline cracks. New filter under £10. Just the thoughts of "sheer stupidity" blonde. :ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi all
I have poor pressure, not personally but the pump in the van seems to work fine when I take it out and try it but, when I put it back and turn the tap on and we only get a dribble, does not appear to be air in the system as there is no spitting, any ideas before I buy a new pump.

Submersible pump , yes ?

just a thought.. is your hot water boiler full .. ?
if it was drained down they take a bit of filling.. give it more time.

Have you tried opening each tap one at a time and running until no air bubbles.
Start with the tap closest to the pump.. not forgetting the shower.. do both hot and cold.

other than that, I'd get e new pump .. even if it proves not to be the pump, a spare never goes amiss.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If it seems to work OK when you take it out then check the voltage at the connections when it is in place.

If something is dropping the voltage i.e. a poor -ve connection that could potentially cause the pump not to run at full speed which would explain the poor pressure.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Any water comiung out under the van? If so, the Truma pressure relief valve may have failed.
Otherwise, the pump motor may be running OK but the pump chamber(s) may have had it. A new pump is not that expensive (£38) and it's worth carrying a spare anyway.
Link Removed

OP
OP
M

mof70

Free Member
Apr 20, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi all thank you for the responses it sound like a new pump, at least then I will know my current pump if work properly, I have not got any Air in the system and nothing coming out under the van,
Regards
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi all thank you for the responses it sound like a new pump, at least then I will know my current pump if work properly, I have not got any Air in the system and nothing coming out under the van,
Regards
John

If you have that type of pump, they can go half wrong as they have two motors but will still run on one at half pressure

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
If it seems to work OK when you take it out then check the voltage at the connections when it is in place.

If something is dropping the voltage i.e. a poor -ve connection that could potentially cause the pump not to run at full speed which would explain the poor pressure.

Good point. Last time we were out in the Hymer, the kitchen sink hot would only work at a slow dribble, but everything else was fine. Took a while to trace it, but it turned out to be the hot tap switch connector under the sink. A spade male to female, properly sheathed, but a bad connection. Just a spot of WD, and removing then re-fitting sorted it. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back