Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Have you renewed your motorhome insurance in the last couple of months? If so read on.

I'm insured with Comfort (Norwich Union) and I renewed my motorhome insurance last month.

On checking the renewal details I came across some very important changes (for us anyway) in the Continental Travel Section.

The Territorial Limits have been extended with the latest batch of entries to the EU.

Basically the only countries that now require a "Green Card" is Bulgaria, Israel, Morocco, Tunisia & Turkey. There are of course other countries in eastern Europe where no cover is available at all. Mainly some the old Yugoslavia states and Albania.

This means for us we can spend 365 days in Cyprus with full breakdown cover. Up till now for insurance Cyprus was a divided island, no cover was available on the Northern (Turkish) part of the island. In the latest territorial updates it just mentions "Cyprus" in previous limits it was always referred to as the area controlled by the Government of the Republic of Cyprus, the Greeks sector.

I've contacted Comfort who are going to check with Norwich Union to see if cover is extended for the whole island.

It might not seem very important but there has been no car ferries running from Greece to Cyprus for the last six years that will take a motorhome so the only way overland is via Turkey.
Third party insurance had to be bought at the entry port in Northern Cyprus just to cross into the southern Greek part of the island.

There's a weekly RO/RO freight ferry running and it's very expensive and you are liable to finish up in a six berth cabin with a couple of female Bulgarian truck drivers.

So if any non Comfort customers out there who have renewed there cover lately would they like to check their policy for any changes in the Territorial Limits Section it would be very helpful.

Many Thanks.

Don

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: I've just renewed our Insurance on our Mini RV (462 Dethleffs). I changed our original insurance over to the Newmar because it was the cheaper option. We signed up with Comfort in Sandy's name. Very good value for money. IMH&HO. :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi John/Don

Could I ask you review Comfort insurance Link Removed

Thanks in anticipation

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Don

I would check very carefully whethor these moves apply to the breakdown cover and not just the Vehicle insurance.

Have comfort/norwich union started covering fulltimers now? last time I checked they flat out refused to insure any kind of fulltime use under any circumstances.

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi Don

I would check very carefully whethor these moves apply to the breakdown cover and not just the Vehicle insurance.

Have comfort/norwich union started covering fulltimers now? last time I checked they flat out refused to insure any kind of fulltime use under any circumstances.

Hi George,

With Comfort I pay £54 per year for RAC cover in Europe and it also gives us cover when a green card is issued.

I don't know about Full Timing cover we are away for 180 days at the most.

I'll be speaking to Comfort again on Monday/Tuesday I'll check what the latest info is.

Don

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi John

Yes, NFU do do fulltiming insurance, but norwich union dont (well to be accurate they didnt when I tried to get it, they said that they do not insure fulltimers end of story)

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Don

good to hear from you again

On fulltiming; what threw me was that you mentioned 365 days cover in Cypress....

here is a comprehensive list from the horses mouth

Link Removed

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi John

Yes, NFU do do fulltiming insurance, but norwich union dont (well to be accurate they didnt when I tried to get it, they said that they do not insure fulltimers end of story)

:eek: I wasn't aware that Full-Timing was part of this Insurance thread? I certainly didn't mention it when I said I had entered reviews of both NFU and Comfort. :Confused:

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Sorry John

It was not clear that you were refering to reviews......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back