Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Hi to all,

have been touring France since June and are having a great time. We are currently on a nice french campsite near the Spanish border, down from Perpignan (got to take advantage of washing machines). On Monday, we are off over the border into Spain to the bay of roses. We will probably amble around this area for a while and then start making our way back up the east of France towards the UK. We shall take in the Paris Motorhome show and then go into Germany to the Mossel region.

Unfortunately we have had a few mishaps on our travels. Mishap no. 1: I reversed into the only telegraph pole in the middle of a lovely Aire, result, one cracked rear bumper.
Misphap no. 2: Wife opened the fan rooflight on a lovely Aire in Gruissan and a great gust of wind ripped of the perspex dome, had to polythene the opening.

Mishap no. 3: a tree branch went straight through a bedroom window whilst negotiating a very tight access to a campsite pitch. Carry on like this and we will be rebuilding the motorhome bit by bit.

Anyhow, regards to all for now.

ke

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Apart from the mishaps it sounds great. Take care and enjoy

Jim :thumb:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
hi jacken,
good to hear from you, if i were you i would stay where you are weather here is awful, sorry to hear off your mishaps, enjoy the rest of your travels mishap free:thumb:
ruth

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
You sound in good cheer despite the mishaps - bet everyone's acheing to come up and ask 'What happened?' - at least you've got some good stories to tell::bigsmile: - I got a book out of ours.

East side of France is very attractive - try and get to the Alps - great scenery then Alsace - Colmar, Kayseberg, Riquehwir.

Have a great trip.

:Smile:
Keith

Decmac

Free Member
May 17, 2008
Funster No
Touring France/Spain

Hi to all,

have been touring France since June and are having a great time. We are currently on a nice french campsite near the Spanish border, down from Perpignan (got to take advantage of washing machines). On Monday, we are off over the border into Spain to the bay of roses. We will probably amble around this area for a while and then start making our way back up the east of France towards the UK. We shall take in the Paris Motorhome show and then go into Germany to the Mossel region.

Unfortunately we have had a few mishaps on our travels. Mishap no. 1: I reversed into the only telegraph pole in the middle of a lovely Aire, result, one cracked rear bumper.
Misphap no. 2: Wife opened the fan rooflight on a lovely Aire in Gruissan and a great gust of wind ripped of the perspex dome, had to polythene the opening.

Mishap no. 3: a tree branch went straight through a bedroom window whilst negotiating a very tight access to a campsite pitch. Carry on like this and we will be rebuilding the motorhome bit by bit.

Anyhow, regards to all for now.

ke

Sorry to hear about your misfortune but it doesn't seem to be putting you off your travelling exploits. I always get SWMBO to give my directions outside in tight corners, etc. etc. Nearly had a mishap myself with my new van in Antibes in July. We had parked for a couple of hours on the beach on the road to Nice for a couple of hours and decided to look for a campsite later on. Was just about to go under a bridge when suddenly I/we realised the van would not make it without the roof being sheared off. She got out and directed me back amid all the honking horns and rabid French drivers some even waving their fists at us but it didn't bother me. You can never be too careful with your van. Enjoy the holiday, have fun and stay alert!:Eeek:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Sorry to hear of mishaps, you wont be first. I wasnt the last in August. Put a dent in Front top corners and took repeater light on top side.
The town of Roses is lovely, clean and bright, stayed on "Rodas" with all facillities and confortable wallk to beach and town. Hred a boat for a day and explored the bay.
You are getting me going now and wishing I was back there:Sad:.

Enjoy.

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back