Garmin updates (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I am trying to update my Garmin on my PC and it just keeps coming up that the connection to the update service is lost, please wait while Express reconnects.
Then nothing happens. Even though I have gone through all of the check sequences that it asks for.

Help please :Blush:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Depending how old your Garmin is, we took ours to local Halfords where we bought it, and manager took ours home and did the updates for us:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I recently updated one of my Garmins but did not use the Garmin Express I already had.
I logged on to www.garmin.com/en-GB then map updates and sign in.
At that point I was asked to download express even though I already had it, I downloaded and following that the update worked fine.

The one problem I have is that the new updates are complete data sets and the existing ones are not deleted and the new ones end up on the memory card and not in the navigators internal memory.

Good luck

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I did try and do the updates, but there are soo many map updates, think I loaded them all, then it just crashed, hence why the very nice Halfords man did mine, why don't you ask where you bought it from?

Bought it through C&CC, so I don't suppose they will be interested. :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I had a problem with Express back in January - after I had reinstalled the OS on my Mac. It claimed to be downloading a map update but nothing happened.
Garmin tech support were really helpful although in the end, the solution was pretty simple. In my case, the cure was to uninstall and remove all elements of Express, then download it again from the Garmin website and reinstall. Everything was fine after that.

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Sat nav for sale

I had a problem with Express back in January - after I had reinstalled the OS on my Mac. It claimed to be downloading a map update but nothing happened.
Garmin tech support were really helpful although in the end, the solution was pretty simple. In my case, the cure was to uninstall and remove all elements of Express, then download it again from the Garmin website and reinstall. Everything was fine after that.
I have a tom tom truck version with Morocco and Europe on I would like £160 plus postage. Thanks marjohn::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
I had a similar problem. Eventually I had to treat it as though I was not registered and re- enter the code in the box it came in. It's worked ok since.

Garmin were refusing to help initially saying no record of my free LMT. I emailed the C&CC saying I had all the original web pages showing free LMT was part of their offer, and if they could not get Garmin sorted I would go to trading standards. I have to say the C&CC were very supportive and Garmin came round very quickly and changed their minds and agreed I had free LMT immediately after the clubs involvement.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
I found my fix letter and have pm'd you with a copy.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun