Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Is it possible to get a decent 10inchish telly and are they any good. Recommendations if possible.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought the predecessor of Broken Link Removed from Maplins some years ago.

Pros: Works fine and a good, clear picture especially in a small van. Even in our current van, where distance between TV cabinet and chairs are more it was easily watchable.

Cons: Non-standard wall mount and needed an adapter lead for satellite input (neither of which were a problem to us). The mains adapter failed after a while (out of warranty) but I had another that worked and it could still work from the 12v system.

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
An App called TVCatchup on your iPad or Samsung 10" tablet works brilliant, any amount of channels, BUT you do need internet connection:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mick James

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
We bought the predecessor of Broken Link Removed from Maplins some years ago.

Pros: Works fine and a good, clear picture especially in a small van. Even in our current van, where distance between TV cabinet and chairs are more it was easily watchable.

Cons: Non-standard wall mount and needed an adapter lead for satellite input (neither of which were a problem to us). The mains adapter failed after a while (out of warranty) but I had another that worked and it could still work from the 12v system.

Looked at that one on the Maplin website, will have a quick shop around before I decide :) Acklam? Used to live in Whinneybanks but from Eston and now in Scotland.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Looked at that one on the Maplin website, will have a quick shop around before I decide :) Acklam? [HI]Used to live in Whinneybanks[/HI] but from Eston and now in Scotland.

Small world. We're the other side of Mandale Road :Smile:

Mustn't call it Whinney Banks now though. Rather than try to evict the drug dealers properly they knocked half of Whinney Banks down so they had to move. The new estate (and the area) is now called Acklam Green :Doh::roflmto:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back