lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I have a Cobra alarm fitted to my MH and today when I went to get something from it I pressed the fob button to open doors and switch off alarm, both cab doors unlocked but the hab door didn't. This happened once before and then worked so forgot about it, once I unlocked the door with the key it then started to work again so that's the first problem.

Second problem while I was there I started playing with the alarm to make sure it worked, anyway if I leave a door open and press fob to set alarm it beeps to tell you door is open (sensors on all doors) so this is working as it should. I then tried setting the alarm with all doors closed then unlocked a door with the key, so alarm should still be on I assume. Well the alarm didn't sound until I entered the motorhome is this correct.

I would have thought the minute the door was open with alarm set it should have went off.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I have the same alarm Gerry. Chances are that the hab door does not have a door contact, however once you went inside the van, the inertia sensors probably located somewhere around the dashboard would have been triggered when you moved around.

Our rear garage doors and bonnet all have door contacts fitted, and there are two inertia sensors on the dash, but not there isn't a contact on the hab door.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Ken

There is a small white sensor on the hab door but couldn't see on on the frame will have a better look, there is also a small white box with two silver sprung rods sticking out. I assume this is to tell when door is closed over. All the garage doors have the same white sensor.

The same happened when I opened the cab doors no alarm sound until I stuck my hand inside.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Most alarms have a short delay between opening a door and sirens going off. Its deliberate to allow you a chance to disarm the alarm by alternative means (electronic key/code number to keypad) if your fob fails to work because of a flat battery for example.

Try reading the instructions, they usually give details of operations, functions and inbuilt delays.

D.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Some one has to say this,you have probably already done it. Squirt of WD 40 or ?. whatever in/on the mechanism. Had this trouble with a motor the other way around when locked up...... Tailgate remained unlocked,had parked it up all over,with some high value gear in,lucky me found it first.
Tea Bag
PS. Oxydi....whatsit caused it to stick.

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Most alarms have a short delay between opening a door and sirens going off. Its deliberate to allow you a chance to disarm the alarm by alternative means (electronic key/code number to keypad) if your fob fails to work because of a flat battery for example.

Try reading the instructions, they usually give details of operations, functions and inbuilt delays.

D.

The Cobra instruction booklet is absolutely crap in terms of enlightening the end user as to the idiosynchratic operation of its alarm system :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
The Cobra instruction booklet is absolutely crap in terms of enlightening the end user as to the idiosynchratic operation of its alarm system :thumb:

Totally agree but they are very helpful of you ring them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back