Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
My sat dish has stopped finding Astra 1 when on autoseek. Any suggestions. I can still find Astra2 manually. Its on a 2003 system with no updates.:Sad:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I am only familiar with a much older version but all the instructions to do a re-set appear to be available with a Google search

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i would guess that following the satellite moves a couple of months ago, you will need to get the box updated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mick H

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Near Leicester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30 yrs
Oyster Vision I versions stopped being able to automatically find Astra 2, several years ago.
Oyster do not support this version, any longer, and are only interested in selling you a later version control box, for about £600 or so.
Since that time I have been selecting Astra 1, and then manually moving the dish to Astra 2. This proved very easy, after becoming used to doing it.

Due to the latest transponder changes, my system too, doesn't always auto find Astra 1, but instead finds Astra 2. The control box says "Astra 1 found", but it's lying!

Although I havent tried it, presumably, by switching to manual, I would now be able to find Astra 1, by using the same procedure, but in reverse.
I am reliably informed, that both Astra 1 & Astra 2, now use similar transponders, so whichever your Oyster happens to see first, it will home in on it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back