Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi I have just purchased a swift voyager that is fitted with a detachable towbar does anyone know if anyone makes a scooter rack to carry a 125cc many thanks paul:Smile:l

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
yes you can buy a scooter rack, but make sure that along with the 125 it wont overload the back axle weight limit. 100kg on the towbar is more like 150kg on the back axle

Upvote 0

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi I have just purchased a swift voyager that is fitted with a detachable towbar does anyone know if anyone makes a scooter rack to carry a 125cc many thanks paul:Smile:l

Make sure that the tow bar can handle the extra nose weight, many can't. Most will only handle around 85kg.
Lee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi, we have a scooter rack that we are selling, you are more than welcome to come try it out, it was fixed to our RV when we bought it, but not something we would use. It is an remote controlled one for easy loading unloading, I am sure there is an advert in classifieds on here which gives you the measurements etc.,

if you want further details then just PM us

regards
Andrea

Upvote 0

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome

Try http://www.easylifter.co.uk/
They remove the insert that takes the detachable towball and replace it with an insert they make, which then gives you a four hole fixing for a normal tow ball.

I do not know what weight they take, but I have seen one of theirs with a motor cycle on it.

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Try http://www.easylifter.co.uk/
They remove the insert that takes the detachable towball and replace it with an insert they make, which then gives you a four hole fixing for a normal tow ball.

I do not know what weight they take, but I have seen one of theirs with a motor cycle on it.

Easy lifters usually plated at 250 kgs I sold one last week
Good kit I've used them for years but not lightweight by any means

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Thanks for the above, but Dave Cooper is around 200 miles from where I live

I'd be a bit careful his website states max load on racks 130kg.
That's not much of a payload most scooters are all of that and tempting fate to run at max weight.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back