Fantastic first (day) trip out on Dartmoor. (1 Viewer)

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
One of the big things I wanted from a camper van was to be able to go for trips out at the weekend and have a comfy base where Little C and I could relax after a long walk, have a picnic table everywhere we went and somewhere to make a cup of coffee or hot chocolate before the drive home. Space for Grandma and Grandad to join us on some of our day trips was right up there too.

This afternoon, I loaded up Charlotte with a monster picnic, courtesy of Grandma and the four of us set off for Dartmoor. We ended up at Dartmeet where Little C and I had a paddle in the very cold river, a walk about and some ice creams. After a bit more playing in the river (I was pleased that neither of us fell in all the way!) it was back to the camper for the picnic, some coffee and a relaxed trip home.

So, if you saw a Daddy and daughter in the front seats of a renault trafic autosleeper waving madly at you in the south dartmoor area, it could well have been us! We had loads of waves from other motorhomers and huge grins on our faces all afternoon!

Now, all I need to do is work out the "modifications" the previous owner did to the 12v system and we'll be ready for our first overnighter!!

OP
OP
CandC

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
I am in that neck of the woods next weekend

I hope the weather holds out for you. The views yesterday were incredible.... another bonus of being sat high up in a camper van and being able to take your time on the drive :Smile:

Sounded idylic... ::bigsmile:

Sounds like you had a great day.

days like that make beautiful memories to be treasured, wishing you many,many more..
hope everything goes okay with the electrics..

Thank you all for the replies and thank you Dryad for the kind wishes. Now we need to get a FUN sticker for the front of the van to enhance the Daddy and daughter waving like mad look ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back