early 1990's Hymer S600 or S700 series ~ settee or dinette? (2 Viewers)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
We have a dinette fitted to our S670 and are planning to change that to an L shaped settee (which I believe was an option).

I'd like to make it as close to the original design as possible but need a few photos of an original sofa/settee as fitted by the factory to give me the idea.

Also interested what you do for a table with a settee, what was the Hymer solution?

What is fitted as standard in the settee box and is the water tank still in the same position under the rear dinette seat?

If you have large format photos please pm me for an email address, many thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Sorry, Veevee, your first line totally threw me.

I suspect you wrote 'dinette' twice in error. Can you please clarify?

Table with a settee? Surely, the bar version with the drop down table is an option?

Or the Hymer self-standing table with retracting legs (like an ironing board) that I've seen in other models and was fitted to the S670 we hired (but the hirer admitted it wasn't standard spec)?

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Well spotted Bellini, how trying to think and type sometimes overwhelms me.

I don't follow MH styles and types very much so don't know what a bar version looks like. But later this evening I'll take a look at the online brochures of the day and find a bar version to understand what you write.

The folding legs option was one I considered, but was interested in what was original in the first instance and then to decide on which way we would go.

Thanks very much for your message

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We have a dinette fitted to our S670 and are planning to change that to an L shaped settee (which I believe was an option).

I'd like to make it as close to the original design as possible but need a few photos of an original sofa/settee as fitted by the factory to give me the idea.

Also interested what you do for a table with a settee, what was the Hymer solution?

What is fitted as standard in the settee box and is the water tank still in the same position under the rear dinette seat?

If you have large format photos please pm me for an email address, many thanks for any help.

I have every Hymer floor plan, sent from the factory, on early 90's trucks. PM sent.....:thumb:

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Relied Tootles, thanks

Would really like to see a photo or two of an actual settee as fitted by Hymer in one of these, any ideas?

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
It may be like this S700?

Broken Link Removed

Have a look at their other Hymers to see if there's anything there.

And you could call Pete. He's really helpful and a true enthusiast of these models.

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
The S700 has a different layout Bellini, with ours the door is near the front and the kitchen opposite the dinette, but thanks.

Getting a floor plan from Tootles, that will show me approx. length of a settee if that option is shown.

Mar 26, 2012
Belfast
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Have what I think you are looking for in our 1987 644. I searched for this layout because we were mainly initially using the Motorhome to stay at race tracks when my son competed, and both myself and him are over 6'1 and we wanted room to sit comfortably stretched out.
As my wife and I have started using it for holidays now, Easter in Scotland and three weeks in France planned for the summer including the LeMans classic, we have found this L shape, in our humble opinion, far more flexible, comfortable and relaxing than a proper dinette could be. Although we have never used it, a 5'10 long double bed can made from it.
The original Hymer table fits with a central pole, into a standard fitting in the floor, although I made a longer narrower table to give more kitchen space and more length. Hope I can get the pictures to attach as it's my first attempt!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 35
Mar 26, 2012
Belfast
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Could only get pictures to load 1 at a time so this is it with the standard Hymer table. I recovered it with a lighter colour Formica.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 34
Mar 26, 2012
Belfast
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
This is the longer narrower table I made.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Have what I think you are looking for in our 1987 644. I searched for this layout because we were mainly initially using the Motorhome to stay at race tracks when my son competed, and both myself and him are over 6'1 and we wanted room to sit comfortably stretched out.
As my wife and I have started using it for holidays now, Easter in Scotland and three weeks in France planned for the summer including the LeMans classic, we have found this L shape, in our humble opinion, far more flexible, comfortable and relaxing than a proper dinette could be. Although we have never used it, a 5'10 long double bed can made from it.
The original Hymer table fits with a central pole, into a standard fitting in the floor, although I made a longer narrower table to give more kitchen space and more length. Hope I can get the pictures to attach as it's my first attempt!

Thanks, like the look of that

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Yes can see how the narrow table works for you, good idea.

If you want any help re travelling in France, just ask as we live there about half of each year.

Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back