Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi All a while back I said that we were having some work done on our van, well its been done by VanBitz last week the updates were

• Additional solar panel with regulator
  • two new Banner batteries
  • new Pioneer double din head unit (DAB) and bluetooth
  • Dometic air con
  • extra 240v socket in media area cuboard
  • waeco 2Kw inverter (with auto switch over)
  • Sat TV to rear bedroom
Eddie and his men made a brilliant job of the work, everything was discussed and agreed beforehand and it was all finished on time and to a standard second to none.

We were aprehensive about letting people loose on our van after havig a really bad experience at the dealers last year where some of our personal belongings were stolen from the van, but I must say that the respect and care Vanbitz took with our second home was really appreciated and I would recommend them to anyone.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Hi All a while back I said that we were having some work done on our van, well its been done by VanBitz last week the updates were

• Dometic air con
  • Sat TV to rear bedroom
Eddie and his men made a brilliant job of the work, everything was discussed and agreed beforehand and it was all finished on time and to a standard second to none.

We were aprehensive about letting people loose on our van after havig a really bad experience at the dealers last year where some of our personal belongings were stolen from the van, but I must say that the respect and care Vanbitz took with our second home was really appreciated and I would recommend them to anyone.

how does that work then, is it

IE if no mains input found, switches to inverter which powers all van scokets? is that correct

OP
OP
Inthezone

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
inverter

Hi
Yes thats exacly how it works, there is also a main overide switch to turn off the inverter if I do not want it on whilst on batterys, an inverter will consume a small amount of power when its on and in standby mode.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You now know why people say only good things about Vanbitz :thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hi
Yes thats exacly how it works, there is also a main overide switch to turn off the inverter if I do not want it on whilst on batterys, an inverter will consume a small amount of power when its on and in standby mode.

when the inverter is ON does it switch the battery charger in the sargent unit OFF?

Last edited:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009

• Dometic air con
  • Sat TV to rear bedroom

I,m off to Eddie's next week to have an alarm and solar panel fitted to our new van, Ill be travelling solo as Mrs G has grandson sitting duties. 670 mile round trip, so it will give the van a good try out. Going to stop somewhere on the way down and back, and have a couple of nights at Eddie's.

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We are booked in on 6th June for a strikeback system to be installed on the new van. Deja vu - same thing on the current one............:thumb:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
when the inverter is ON does it switch the battery charger in the sargent unit OFF?

No need. The "ring main" is isolated and only that is wired through the automatic transfer system.

So many times we see an inverter plugged into the mains input:Doh: so the charger is running off the inverter, trying to replace the power that the inverter is using so drawing more power from the battery for the charger :roflmto:

Perpetual motion doesn't exist :winky:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I had an inverter fitted and I have a rocker switch with red/green lights as a low battery warning but before I switch that on I have a master switch with 3 positions, 1 "off" which is for normal use, 2 "mains" for when on EHU which is all 240v live, 3. Marked " Inv" which makes all the 240v live from the inverter, I wish I had a auto switch over as one of the things I have to remember is to switch the fridge/freezer from auto to gas having learnt my lesson when having had the inverter on and discovered it was running that as well:Angry:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
No need. The "ring main" is isolated and only that is wired through the automatic transfer system.

So many times we see an inverter plugged into the mains input:Doh: so the charger is running off the inverter, trying to replace the power that the inverter is using so drawing more power from the battery for the charger :roflmto:

Perpetual motion doesn't exist :winky:

That what I was thinking. Im sure I need you services whether its on this van or the next

OP
OP
Inthezone

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
First try out

Well what a fine day yesterday air temp around 26 degrees and hotter in the direct sunlight so we deceided to try out the new air con fitted by vanBitz it worked very well dropping the internal temp from a max of 27 degrees to 20 in about 45 minutesor so
very pleased with it :Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I,m off to Eddie's next week to have an alarm and solar panel fitted to our new van, Ill be travelling solo as Mrs G has grandson sitting duties. 670 mile round trip, so it will give the van a good try out. Going to stop somewhere on the way down and back, and have a couple of nights at Eddie's.

do you have a stand alone awning?:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back