Fiat 2.8 Ignition Key Code Problem (1 Viewer)

A

Autotrail700

Deleted User
Hi all, new to this forum but hardly new to motorhomes after 28 years with them! I was recommended to the forum after meeting member 656 in Calais last week. He recommended you knowledgeable fellows for some trouble I am having with my fiat ignition. It appears to be an increasing intermitant fault, sometime upon trying to start the MH the key code recogonition light remains on and locks the desiel pum not allowing the MH to start (It will still turn over). Repeated attemps with the other keys swapping between the sets and keep trying usually gets it started but as describe the problem is now becoming very frequent. Has anyone esle had this issue and kknow of a possible fault or even rectification? I have heard with many computyer faults you can often resest a certain part of it yourself often solving the issue?

Any input would be gratefully recieved.

Kind regards,

Andrew

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Hi I am having the same trouble and do not know what to do .If you find out what this is would you let me know like wise I will with you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
hi Andrew

Nice talking to you and your Mrs at Calais on Saturday. Someone will be along with an answer I am sure.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
This is a very common problem and seems to be associated with the fuel pump/ immobiliser control box Fiat as usual are in denial of this fault, there is an easy fix, as it concerns the vehicle security I am reluctant to post openly about it, you can PM me for more info if you are handy with minor electrics I will try and steer you in the right direction
It is reported that Fiat will spend many hundreds of your pounds trying to fix it properly:whatthe:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Andrew

Geo is the dogs when it comes to these sort of things. I hope he can sort you out, maybe you will get to meet him - and others - at a meet.

OP
OP
A

Autotrail700

Deleted User
Thanks to all for their input, Geo PM sent, I begrudge paying fiat a fortune to fix a problem I can sort myself (with a bit of help from you knowledgeable folk!) ::bigsmile:

Talisio

Free Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
Geo, just found this thread after days of searching. Having this problem with a fiat Doblo, I don't have permission to private message you yet, could you please contact me with a fix I am desperate! My email is mstmears@gmail.com.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Geo, just found this thread after days of searching. Having this problem with a fiat Doblo, I don't have permission to private message you yet, could you please contact me with a fix I am desperate! My email is mstmears@gmail.com.

pay your £10 subscription and you can pm Geo to your hearts content....until you are a fully paid member you cant pm.

Geo's advice will save you many, many times the £10 subscription fee so you're already on a winner.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
When i had a similar problem i reprogrammed my keys into the alarm system with instruction from Sigma

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if its the pre 2006 model, its probably the receiver ring around the ignition keyhole that detects the chip in the key. they sometimes get loose and move or start failing. another fairly simple cure is bypass the immobiliser. any decent auto electrician will be able to do it for you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back