Loving the Awning room but……. (1 Viewer)

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
..... theres a catch which occurred to me early this morning. If were sited on a pitch out of reach of a tap to keep the fresh water tank topped up were going to have to take it all down every few days just to do a service. Damn! Thats going to be a serious pain in the what sit.

Read more....

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
..... theres a catch which occurred to me early this morning. If were sited on a pitch out of reach of a tap to keep the fresh water tank topped up were going to have to take it all down every few days just to do a service. Damn! Thats going to be a serious pain in the what sit.

Read more....

Arh...the joys of comfort:winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As much as I hate to admit it, ( :ROFLMAO: ) we use a rolly polly as the tuggers do.

I bought a small whale type pump which I plug in to a socket I put in the side wall of the passenger seat ( only cos that is the side the water inlet is ) .

Barrel beside the van, water pipe in to the tank,, water pumped out of barrel in to tank.. job done :thumb:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Sounds like you all stay too long in one place to me:whatthe:

For stays that long I'd have a Caravan.

Awnings, rolling water containers:Doh:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Sounds like you all stay too long in one place to me:whatthe:

For stays that long I'd have a Caravan.

Awnings, rolling water containers:Doh:

He is a fulltimer, so his definition of too long is probably different to yours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We use a watering can as well.

Hope this thread isn't going to degenerate into preaching about how people should use their vans and how long they should stay in one place:RollEyes:

Deleted User
Watering can :thumb:

I use an old aquaroll for waste disposal purposes as the 5'er has large tanks, much easier than one of those tote things. If somebody pinches it they may have an unpleasant surprise ::bigsmile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a watering can works for a daily top up, as we do, but it doesnt cure being tied to the pitch. tried the whole privacy room thing many years ago......silly mistake as expensive. since then we use a driveaway awning.
the best we have found is a khyam motordome excelsior, not cheap but simple to put up and we can detach the van in 30 seconds or less:thumb:

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
He is a fulltimer, so his definition of too long is probably different to yours.

For me 2 weeks is just about right and the maximum. It at least gives me a whole weekend to go and explore/sight see sometimes get more days depending on work loads.

I did borrow someone hose once at Lingfield to avoid having to move to fill up

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
As much as I hate to admit it, ( :ROFLMAO: ) we use a rolly polly as the tuggers do.

I bought a small whale type pump which I plug in to a socket I put in the side wall of the passenger seat ( only cos that is the side the water inlet is ) .

Barrel beside the van, water pipe in to the tank,, water pumped out of barrel in to tank.. job done :thumb:

Exactly (even down to the make of pump) as I do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back