LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
anybody know if the aire at Neufchatel en Bray can be pre booked for August? is it necessary?

would be arriving fairly late 19:00 20:00 hrs

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
You can't book aires !!!!!:Blush::Blush::Blush:

I know that's the case with most / all municipal aires, but the one at Camping St Claire is privately owned by the campsite - so it may be possible, I don't know?

The couple that run the place are charming and speak good English - I'd drop them an email to ask if I were you. The camping is certainly very good and very popular.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
You can't book aires !!!!!:Blush::Blush::Blush:

I know, I know but take a look here

Broken Link Removed

they have a new website and its possible to book on-line now, however Im not sure if its the campsite pitches only or the aire pitchs as well.

I have emialed them but as we all know there not very good at replying at the best of times.

Great site though, ITs perfict for the first night with the supermaket close for fuel and topping up the wine etc:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I know that's the case with most / all municipal aires, but the one at Camping St Claire is privately owned by the campsite - so it may be possible, I don't know?

The couple that run the place are charming and speak good English - I'd drop them an email to ask if I were you. The camping is certainly very good and very popular.

Mike

done just that, stayed on the campsite in the past great little bistro restaurant and good shops nearby...

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Great location, thanks for the link, I am a bit confused by the web site, do you think they have this separate area the call the 'aire', they make reference to hard standing pitches within the site page, I wonder if they mean the aire

Our preferred route south is through Rouen, we have usually 'roughed it' at the motorway aire 'Baie de Somme', but this looks a bit more relaxed, a nicer way to end a holiday :thumb:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Great location, thanks for the link, I am a bit confused by the web site, do you think they have this separate area the call the 'aire', they make reference to hard standing pitches within the site page, I wonder if they mean the aire

Our preferred route south is through Rouen, we have usually 'roughed it' at the motorway aire 'Baie de Somme', but this looks a bit more relaxed, a nicer way to end a holiday :thumb:

thats the way we go, we also used to use Baie de Somme but its a bit dicy nowadays (IMO)
plus the food is great at the campsite, abouit 2 hours to Calais.

I just did the booking thing, it says on the website card payment only, so I assumed you paid when you booked, but its just a pre booking and they seem to have to come back to you and then the booking is made. So its not a fully online system, Ill see what happens over the next fewe days and post back.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi ,

Looks expensive !!!

Link Removed
Aire at Neufchatel
Link Removed

Aire: NEUFCHATEL-EN-BRAY

[FONT=&quot]Aire: NEUFCHATEL-EN-BRAY[/FONT]

ADDRESS: RUE GRANDE FLANDRE
TEL: 02 35 93 03 93 FAX:
EMAIL:
TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL

FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/BLACK DRAIN/ ELECTRIC/ WIFI

PRICES/ RATES: CREDIT CARD
PARKING: 12€/ 24 HRS SERVICES: INCL
OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR
GPS COORDS: N49.73782 E01.42741
DIRECTIONS: From WEST, take D1 East to NEUFCHATEL. Upon entering town turn immediately RIGHT down one way road signposted CAMPING. Follow road to CAMPING & AIRE is outside.
SITE DESCRIPTION A new aire has recently (2013) been opened in the town of Neufchatel-en-Bray in the Seine-Maritime (76), Normandy, 3km from Junction 9 of the A28 -- located on the north side of the town next to Camping Sainte-Claire where there are 14 large hard standing spaces (100m2) separated by hedges & bordered by grass. The aire is about 1km from the town centre & its large range of shops/ services. Electric hook ups, water, drainage & Wifi are included in the price. Artisanal service point with drainage grid.
[FONT=&quot]REVIEW:[FONT=&quot] 2013 12€ is a bit expensive for a night at an aire but it does have electric & WiFi included which helps. Very large parking spaces in a quiet location but no shade. Access to the aire is via an automatic barrier after paying by credit card. Restaurant & cycle hire in campsite, April -- Sept.[/FONT][/FONT] Link Removed
Neufchatel

Link Removed Hope this helps
:sin: Terry:sin:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi ,

Looks expensive !!!

Hope this helps
:sin: Terry:sin:

But the price is better than the adjacent campsite price, and with hook up, free wifi all for 12 euros can't really be called expensive, it might be more than some of the tarmac carpark aires that we have used, but this looks more attractive, and as it is similar or less price than most UK CL's, I don't mind the price

I like the size of the pitches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009

We like Baie de Somme - lovely stopover in our opinion. We park in the caravan section - much nicer and quieter than the the area set aside for motorhomes. The police often put in an appearance, driving around to check everything is OK.

The aire at Camping St Claire is next-door to the campsite. The campsite does, however, have many hardstandings - mostly concrete flags set in the grass if I recall correctly.

Mike

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The St Claire aire at Neufchatel has the same owner as the campsite and is next to it. However it has an entirely different entrance with unmanned automatic barriers to let you in and, when you have paid, out again. I can't see anyway that it could be booked because it is all automatic and self-service, so there is no way to physically stop the places filling up.

We have used the campsite once and the Aire twice. Both are very good. The aire costs 12E, payable using credit or debit card. That includes water, waste disposal, electrics and wifi. You get a decent sized pitch which is part hardstanding and part grass. Pitches are separated by hedges, which are in the process of growing. All very clean smart and new. The campsite costs about the same low season with ACSI, which includes water etc plus toilets and showers. But you have to pay extra for the wifi, unless you are pitched close to the Aire, in which case you may be to use its wifi.

The aire is getting popular (half full in mid March 2014) and in the high season, when it is cheaper than the campsite I would think the chances of getting a place arriving that late are low. If I were you I would book the campsite if you want to be sure of a place. Or you can always just try parking in the Intermarche car park 200yds along the road and see if you can use the McD's wifi!

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just looked at the website linked in a previous post. One of the photos shows it full. In fact if you look on the far right you will see that the P sign is actually showing "complet". I guess that is entirely automatic, when it counts the numbers coming in and going out. And once showing full I think the auto barrier will not let you come in.

So looks like it does get full, and reinforces my view that there is no way to book it, because it is all automatic.

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Last night we stayed at the free Aire at Mesniéres-en -Bray just 5 minutes up the road. Lovely quiet location with water and grey water dump but no leccy. A short walk round the corner leads to a beautiful castle!! there was room for about a dozen motorhomes but we were there on our own ::bigsmile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Last night we stayed at the free Aire at Mesniéres-en -Bray just 5 minutes up the road. Lovely quiet location with water and grey water dump but no leccy. A short walk round the corner leads to a beautiful castle!! there was room for about a dozen motorhomes but we were there on our own ::bigsmile:

Hi Coolbeanz
Does the free aire at Mesniéres-en -Bray take RV's? we are travelling that way end of June, there will be 3 of us, 2 rv's and 6mm motorhome?
thanks

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Hi Coolbeanz
Does the free aire at Mesniéres-en -Bray take RV's? we are travelling that way end of June, there will be 3 of us, 2 rv's and 6mm motorhome?
thanks

The actual area is big enough but the turn in is probably too tight as you go up a single track road and turn left in to the parking area. It's a pity we are not still there to check but it may be accessible if you turned past the entrance and came in from the top end. If anyone else is there in the meantime they could check. There was a large boulder placed either side of the entrance too so that limits the turning point :Doh:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
ok, just had the reply, and as was geussed, you cannot book the aire its automatic, but you can book the campsite pitches.

Its a shame the web sites a bit confusing, but now we know whats what we can act accrodingly to our wants and needs.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The actual area is big enough but the turn in is probably too tight as you go up a single track road and turn left in to the parking area. It's a pity we are not still there to check but it may be accessible if you turned past the entrance and came in from the top end. If anyone else is there in the meantime they could check. There was a large boulder placed either side of the entrance too so that limits the turning point :Doh:

Not sure what you mean by "top end". The Aire and campsite are both on the same road which, from memory, runs parallel with the road to Dieppe. There are link roads between the two either side of the Aire (and campsite) so you can definitely approach it from either end (I have done it).

The limiting factor for an RV will be the length, because the pitches are enclosed at the back with a fence, except for the drive through ones in the middle, which have the circulating road both sides. Have a look at the photos on the linked website. The one showing it full will give you a good idea as you can see the length compared with "standard" sized motorhomes.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
They are talking about the free Aire at Mesniéres-en -Bray .
not the one in the OP

(I think)
Mel

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
They are talking about the [HI]free Aire at Mesniéres-en -Bray [/HI].
not the one in the OP

(I think)
Mel

I use this one every year !! nice and quiet ! An RV might be pushing it a bit ! Check it out on google earth !

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years

Do you have the co-ordinates for Mesniéres-en -Bray please coolbeanz?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back