Help Chausson electric table (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We picked our flash best of 510 yesterday. Everything is great about the van.
However, when we went set up the lower bed for our daughter we could not get the table to set in the right place. We gave up and daughter selpt on the floor! The table was pushed as far to the right as possible but it did not meet the lip and is too big on the left ie won't clear the side sofa. We did come to the conclusion the table has been fitted the wrong way. Does anyone know if the table rotates? tried but couldn't do it. We stayed local to the dealers, so will go back but after sales closed on a Sunday. We will go back and see if they can sort it or tell us what we are doing wrong. If we must then we will leave it with them. :-(

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Our model doesnt have an electric table but we lower ours by lifting the dinette seat up out the way a little. Put the table into position then return the dinette seat.

Someone with your model hopefully will come along soon and advise.

Have fun with your new MH:Smile:

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Ours has the electric table and it does go into position OK. I presume you have released the locking levers under the table? IE it should slide easily in each direction ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Yes there are three all released and we have moved as far as we can. Is your table longer one way than another? Ours is slightly wider than longer but only slightly. I thought it need to be more oblong than square. We have three levers can only find a use for two !

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Table is 1m long front to back and 940mm side to side (across van).

Two catches are for locking front to back movement and one is for side to side movement.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Ours was a little stiff to move at first suggest you make sure all levers are fully open (but be you already have done) does the table reach the end of the travel in the tracks underneath? where are you at the moment
David

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Suggest ringing Highbridge as they should have someone there who can talk you through the process (or call someone who does) to double check if faulty before taking it back in - they should have demonstrated it working at handover. Our dinette bed is manually lowered (by me!) as different design so sorry I don't have any clue about why it's not working.:Sad:

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Thanks everyone. Took it back to Highbridge and they very quickly realised that the table is in the wrong way round. We left it with them and they are delivering back to us in the next few days. Excellent service from Highbridge they were very apologetic and said it should have been checked. Happy to wait a few days. :Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks everyone. Took it back to Highbridge and they very quickly realised that the table is in the wrong way round. We left it with them and they are delivering back to us in the next few days. Excellent service from Highbridge they were very apologetic and said it should have been checked. Happy to wait a few days. :Smile:

A few days?!!!::bigsmile:

Its a five minute job!!!!!!:Angry:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Glad it's all getting sorted for you now. Shouldn't have been wrong but it seems that things aren't always perfect even with new motorhomes - we drove a long way back from our dealer only to find the rear brake lights weren't working (lucky we didn't have an accident!) & it took a couple of days for the Ford garage to sort it which spoiled our experience somewhat. Dealers appear to have done a lot of checks & look like they know what they are doing but another time we would double check everything on their forecourt!

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
A few days?!!!::bigsmile:

Its a five minute job!!!!!!:Angry:

They said it will be priority, but I think it just to ensure that a driver is free. Not bothered if does take a few days we aren't going away till half term::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Table is 1m long front to back and 940mm side to side (across van).

Two catches are for locking front to back movement and one is for side to side movement.

Hi, replied to your pm, but it doesn't show in send folder so not sure it has gone through ok.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Hi, replied to your pm, but it doesn't show in send folder so not sure it has gone through ok.
By default, PMs don't appear in your Sent folder.

You have to put a tick in the appropriate box every time you send one, or change your settings so that it does keep a copy of them all.

Caught me out at first, because I expected the default to be the other way round.

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
All sorted now, Highbridge sorted it first thing this morning. Phoned and are delivering directly to me tomorrow afternoon. They have been excellent and very professional ::bigsmile:

I have found the sales and after-sales to be excellent so far. Really looking forward to setting it all up ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back