Europasim not working in France, any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Purchased Sim from Germany as MWF were out of stock, set it up in UK in my Huawei 5773 (I think, the 4g one) and it was on Vodafone so I assumed it was working.

Arrived here on Tuesday. Turned it on yesterday for the first time and am getting a message scrolling across the screen saying `Please access web UI to reconnect`.
Needless to say I have not bought the instructions with me.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Deleted User
Instructions for my older europasim in a Huawei state:

open your web browser and point it to 192.168.1.1 which will open the web interface(mine does this automatically)

Navigate to settings>profile managementand press NEW, bottom right.

Second thoughts I have PDF of instructions that I will PM you, if that does not work,send me your email and I will attach it to that.

I am using my europasim in Portugal at the mo', and working fine.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Hi, just come back from two months in Spain, Europasim in Huwaei mifi worked perfectly in France and Spain.

Have the instructions and will quote the relevant parts:

It is essential you manually enter the APN settings into your device to ensure the correct tariff .........

Ensure you spell VODAFONE correctly, if you accidentally enter VODAPHONE by mistake the device will not connect to the internet.

On the back of your SIM card is your PIN number and PUK code. Do not lose these as they cannot be re-issued. The first time you use your SIM in your device you will be required to enter the PIN. I you are using a Mifi device this will require that you log into the devices web interface.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Sorry can't find a way of attaching anything to a PM.

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for the replies.

I will try the web address ans see where it takes me. Surprised as it was on Vodafone in UK.

Does this mean you have to change the settings for each country?

Deleted User
The APN settings should not have altered and the europasim works on vodafone.it wherever you are. Essentially the europasim is just roaming on vodafone italy which presumably have the cheapest roaming tariffs.

Hopefully when you get on the site 192.168.1.1 all will become clear.

My instructions advise that any wifi connection is disconnected before inserting the dongle and that 'auto connection' is ticked in settings>connection settings then press apply.

I must have done this as mine connects automatically.

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
I only get this message.....

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: Broken Link Removed
Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.
Your cache administrator is webmaster.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
with the unit turned on and connected to your device, laptop etc, try entering the numbers only.

You dont have web access so the http or www is irrelavant as you are trying to access the interface within the unit...not on the internet..

Nowt to lose but a couple of minutes

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
copy of email when i set mine up,

Quote;
I have found the follow instructions online with regards to how to change your APN: Link Removed

Yes - you need to ensure roaming is selected for it to work (even in the UK, as technically the SIM is 'roaming' outside of Italy). You will then need to manually change between profiles when you change between SIM cards. If you don't have to do that presently, that is because your SIM's work on "Auto APN". With EuropaSIM this is the 6 euro tariff.

You may wish to disable Automatic connection. This will allow you to log into the MiFi and check the signal strength before you make a connection as you will be charged the 2 euro even if the signal is poor. Remember that EuropaSIM is a roaming SIM - you can use any available mobile network - so you can choose a different network in your 'Network Settings' tab - I think.

Your best bet is to expore your device. I regret that it is very difficult to give advice on devices we don't supply as we're not familiar with the interfaces. I know the E5331 is heavily 3 branded.

in quote;

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
OK, found the instructions for the Huawei E5332.

Logging in to the Web Management Page

1. Make sure the connection between the Mobile Wifi and the Wifi device or computer is working normally.

2. Open the browser and enter Link Removed in the address box.

3. Enter the password to log in to the web management page.

Note:

The default password is admin.

Mike

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
You may need this as well.

SSID AND WIRELESS NETWORK ENCRYPTION KEY

When a Wifi device establishes a connection to the Mobile Wifi for the first time, you may need to enter the default Service Set identifier (SSID) and wireless encryption key.

These are printed on the Mobile Wifi label. (Inside the cover of the device on mine).

Mike

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks again for the replies.

Putting those numbers into my browser takes me to the EE Broadband page, last night, using admin as username and password would not let me in, today it does. So at least one hurdle out of the way.

This is what I get when trying to connect and going through the set up wizard.

Am still getting the same message as in my first post.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Yes it was, thanks for all the replies.

I am now showing as on SFR.

I couldn`t find anything in my settings about `Roaming` so assume that is automatic.

Now just need to send another email to check my balance to check I am on the right tariff.

If not I may be back, or when we hit Spain.....::bigsmile:

Thanks again.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You have also set the username as 'admin' for the EuropaSIM profile - both username and password in profile management must be blank in order to make a connection via the EuropaSIM.

The username to access the MiFi device itself is indeed admin, but the username filed for the APN is separate. The name of the APN profile doesn't matter - provided the APN itself is: mobile.vodafone.it

The E5776 is heavily EE branded, there is a thread on here somewhere that Minx wrote a great guide on how to set it up.

Hope that helps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back