Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Many of us use Malwarebytes.

Spybot Search and Destroy

Adblocker plus will stop the pop ups.

Edit: If you're on Firefox "self destructing cookies" is a good add on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Spybot Search and Destroy

Thank you Rolf-Arris you are the man:thumb:..just running m/soft scan at the mo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thank you Rolf-Arris you are the man:thumb:..just running m/soft scan at the mo

Hi Rolf......NO Add blocker has not worked.....I am now getting on motorhome fun...lots of words highlited in blue...double underlined that comes up with a malware removal tool when you put the mouse curser over it ??????....any advice:Doh:

Also can you run/installed on the PC two antivirus softwares

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
If your running Chrome go to the far right click on the three lines and in the menu select "extensions" have a look at them, you will possibly find its an extension thats doing the underlining. You can deselect them all if you like and see if that cures it.

Ian

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Me? I'm no expert but the underlined words were discussed recently by Movan and then Broken Link Removed, I had the same problem months ago but can't remember what I did to get rid of it. Probably went into Control Panel and uninstalled odd looking progs. Look at your toolbars and remove any new ones that may have downloaded with any new software.

Just be careful what "free" stuff you download to scan your system many of them go on to charge you for removal after they've found problems and they also leave stuff behind. Long day coming up. :thumb:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Use link in rolfharris thread above and read my post no 13 the problem is caused by a sneaky program called offers4u Google how to remove it the method I used in post has got rid of it. I use Firefox:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
If your running Chrome go to the far right click on the three lines and in the menu select "extensions" have a look at them, you will possibly find its an extension thats doing the underlining. You can deselect them all if you like and see if that cures it.

Ian

Thanks Olley......I think I have sorted it....it has been driving me mad for the last couple of days...tried all most everything......then I got a break through..the name of the underline popups....so now I could go into programs and uninstall the B*st*d program sorry about that but it has caused us some grief........the program was called...."findright" but what got me is it had not just been installed....the instalation date was 6/2/2014...that is one of the reasons I did not spot it.....Hopefully at least one set of the popups have gone....we will see...fingers crossed:RollEyes::thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Me? I'm no expert but the underlined words were discussed recently by Movan and then Broken Link Removed, I had the same problem months ago but can't remember what I did to get rid of it. Probably went into Control Panel and uninstalled odd looking progs. Look at your toolbars and remove any new ones that may have downloaded with any new software.

Just be careful what "free" stuff you download to scan your system many of them go on to charge you for removal after they've found problems and they also leave stuff behind. Long day coming up. :thumb:

Rolf we have both come to the same conclusion at the same time I had just done this and came back T MHfun to report and found your reply....Thanks Rolf:thumb::thumb:
This what I found

I think I have sorted it....it has been driving me mad for the last couple of days...tried all most everything......then I got a break through..the name of the underline popups....so now I could go into programs and uninstall the B*st*d program sorry about that but it has caused us some grief........the program was called...."findright" but what got me is it had not just been installed....the instalation date was 6/2/2014...that is one of the reasons I did not spot it.....Hopefully at least one set of the popups have gone....we will see...fingers crossed:RollEyes::thumb:

. up to press all seem's quite....and no popups...fingers crossed:RollEyes:

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
That's good, half the time I don't know where to start but a bit of thinking about what you were doing when the problem started usually finds a solution. :thumb:

Oh, and you were up a bit early for me.
:Nowink:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
That's good, half the time I don't know where to start but a bit of thinking about what you were doing when the problem started usually finds a solution. :thumb:

Oh, and you were up a bit early for me.
:Nowink:

Don't forget we are 1 hour in front of you. that's maybe why I was there first ..but you was on the correct track..find the program !!! it's finding it.:thumb:...and it's still GONE:RollEyes::thumb::thumb:..the pop ups / underline addware..Lovely

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

[HI]Spybot Search and Destroy[/HI]

This is the best of the bunch and does for free what most other only do if you pay for the full version. But DO NOT immunize your system, or install the tea timer. It slows down your boot time incredibly, and your system in general. They are very resource hungry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back