Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Street Somerset, if any of you fellow funsters ever visit Street possibly for the Clarks retail outlet shopping please do not risk parking in any of the pay and display car parks you will see sign posted as there is a FREE parking area and motorhomes welcomed only yards away from other payg parking, the post code is ba16 0bn, this will take you into Southleaze Orchard, at the end of that road as it bears left into Cranhill Road there is an entrance into a Free graveled parking area with no time restrictions but they do lock the gates at approx. 7pm. (I have seen many campers parked there overnight)... I hope this saves somebody a parking fine as I have seen too many campers with tickets as I walk through the car parks:Smile:

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Street Somerset, if any of you fellow funsters ever visit Street possibly for the Clarks retail outlet shopping please do not risk parking in any of the pay and display car parks you will see sign posted as there is a FREE parking area and motorhomes welcomed only yards away from other payg parking, the post code is ba16 0bn, this will take you into Southleaze Orchard, at the end of that road as it bears left into Cranhill Road there is an entrance into a Free graveled parking area with no time restrictions but they do lock the gates at approx. 7pm. (I have seen many campers parked there overnight)... I hope this saves somebody a parking fine as I have seen too many campers with tickets as I walk through the car parks:Smile:

Why would a motor home get a ticket in a pay and display car park? Unless they have not paid, or have overstayed. In which case they should get a ticket?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Why would a motor home get a ticket in a pay and display car park? Unless they have not paid, or have overstayed. In which case they should get a ticket?

most likely oversized, ie bigger than bay parked in, even with 2 tickets it can still be deemed a breach of rules if not parked wholly in a bay

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

Maybe they should only park if they fit in a single bay or it's not clear they should pay for 2 bays if they overhang. Could be other local regs they fall foul of?

Edit: What he said. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

sandrae

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Glastonbury
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Long time
The parking bays in Clarke's Village are very tight. You would be hard pushed to get a motorhome in most of them and I don't think it would be possible to use two bays in much of the car park because of the way it is designed. We struggle with our 5.5m van. It's also very busy and often difficult to find a space plus the traffic wardens are very keen. Much better to use the designated van parking area. It's only a very short walk. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Free Motorhome Parking

I have seen a couple of examples of public car parks excluding vehicles in excess of 3,500 Kgs which excludes us bigger MH's from them.

A recent example of this was seen in Abergavenny - so that was that, I returned to the van and drove off and we didn't buy anything or spend anything there so good luck to them.

Car park was mostly empty at the time!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have seen a couple of examples of public car parks [HI]excluding vehicles in excess of 3,500 Kgs[/HI] which excludes us bigger MH's from them.

A recent example of this was seen in Abergavenny - so that was that, I returned to the van and drove off and we didn't buy anything or spend anything there so good luck to them.

Car park was mostly empty at the time!

Usually a very good reason. The car parks are constructed to cope with cars and vans, rather than heavier commercial vehicles. Use by heavier vehicles can cause foundation damage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back