StickyWicket

Free Member
Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi, my name is Denis and myself and wife Janet have been caravanning for just over 3 years. During this time we had 3 caravans before finally getting the right one ! However on our one journey abroad we loved the lifestyle but not the towing bit in between. This led to the decision to convert to a motorhome. We pick up our Bessacarr 454 from Marquis in East Sussex at the end of the month. We live in Ashford in Kent so we are nice and handy for the channel and we are aiming to journey down to Venice via Luxembourg and Switzerland on the 10th June for a total of 3 weeks. I've already been looking at the forum and thanks to the experienced posters have lots of info. Sorry for the long post......

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and :welcome: to you both:thumb:

You will find this site a wealth of information!

Margaret & Bill

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Denis wellcome to Fun. :flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Well that's one more of us and one less of them - good for you :winky:

We did that trip as the first continental outing for our MH - hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi both.You only did three years pennance, we suffered for thirteen ::bigsmile:
Lovely site by the river in Vianden, Luxembourg and don't forget to fill up there, fuel's quite a bit cheaper there.

Graeme.

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, my name is Denis and myself and wife Janet have been caravanning for just over 3 years. During this time we had 3 caravans before finally getting the right one ! However on our one journey abroad we loved the lifestyle but not the towing bit in between. This led to the decision to convert to a motorhome. We pick up our Bessacarr 454 from Marquis in East Sussex at the end of the month. We live in Ashford in Kent so we are nice and handy for the channel and we are aiming to journey down to Venice via Luxembourg and Switzerland on the 10th June for a total of 3 weeks. I've already been looking at the forum and thanks to the experienced posters have lots of info. Sorry for the long post......

Would love to know how you get on, that's a journey we wouldn't mind making.
Good luck :thumb:

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
welcome, form one newbie to another

brilliant campsite in Luxembourg

http://www.camping-alzingen.lu/en/

which is also an ASCi if out of season

Very clean, lots of space and very helpful
You can bus into the city or cycle very easily on cycle paths in 40 minutes with beautiful views
Fuel cheap everywhere - €1.18 for diesel in April

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
:welcomefunster: from a current caravanner (till we sell ours) you have joined the best forum and club on the net. Good luck with your travels. We look forward to meeting up with you at a rally or a show sometime.:thumb:

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Yes this forum is the best. I am converting from a caravan to a motorhome tomorrow and everyone on here have been so helpful. ::bigsmile:

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Four wheels on my wagon..

Welcome Janet and Denis :welcome:
I too have just parted with caravan as the grass seems greener with a wheel on each corner :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sad to hear you have downgraded.. but once you adjust I'm sure you will enjoy the camper van.. ::bigsmile:

Had both and toured Europe extensively with both.. As you will find, they are different beasts.. chalk and cheese.. one is great for touring and night stops.. other great on site and longer stays.

There is no one size fits all.. or one better than the other.. Un learn most everything you did with you're caravan.. re think camper van..

good luck with the trip .. ::bigsmile:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
welcome Denis & Janet,enjoy your travels in your new home far and wide, from a ex kentish Man,now living up here in big pine country:thumb:

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Caravan Converters

Hi, and welcome. We're also off to Italy on the 10th June using the tunnel. We're still debating Switzerland or Austria. Late crossing as we're driving up from Devon after a day of Grandparent duties!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi both.You only did three years pennance, we suffered for thirteen ::bigsmile:
It was sixteen years for us, until we'd had enough of erecting and dismantling awnings in the wind and rain, :Doh: and we've not looked back since. :thumb:

Denis & Janet, welcome to FUN. ::bigsmile:

Here's another vote for Camping Alzingen in Luxembourg. Buses into the city centre, operate every few minutes outside the camp site gate.

Have a great time in your MH.

Jock & Rita.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back