US motorhome gadgets/accessories? (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We are off to Florida in the summer and wondered if it was worth picking up accessories while we are there for our new motohome (pickup tomorrow::bigsmile:).

Thought i would buy some corelle to replace our old melamine set. It is on $27 a set over in Walmart ::bigsmile:

But wondered if it was worth visiting a camping shop for other bits. Anyone tried this and found good stuff that we can't get here? Don't want to drag the family to a shop for nothing so thought i would try to plan ahead. Who am i kidding will probably make them go anyway, even if buying nothing ::bigsmile:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I'm off to USA on sunday (business trip, sadly). I always have a good nose around as there can be some good stuff. I paid about $30 for an Endless breeze rechargeable/battery/12v fan.
Good tip on the Corelle as I am determined not to take the melamine stuff from years ago with us into the new wagon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Melamine, china is what one needs :winky: and good crystal glasses from the charity shop, got to keep up standards you know :RollEyes:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Ah right yeah.. I've seen that corelle stuff and it looks pretty good too. Just think there's nothing quite like real crockery.. Corelle is some sort of toughened or layered glass isn't it.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Ah right yeah.. I've seen that corelle stuff and it looks pretty good too. Just think there's nothing quite like real crockery.. Corelle is some sort of toughened or layered glass isn't it.

Yes it is laminated coloured glass but we aren't too proud in Dux Towers..........:thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Corelle to me looks like pyrex, remember the plates etc in te 60`s. have Corelle in the caravan, I prefer melamine for MH with china mugs and crystal glasses. Have the original crockery that came with the MH very nice it is too, packed it away for when I sell MH so it will be original.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Corelle to me looks like pyrex, remember the plates etc in te 60`s. have Corelle in the caravan, I prefer melamine for MH with china mugs and crystal glasses. Have the original crockery that came with the MH very nice it is too, packed it away for when I sell MH so it will be original.

Our autosleeper crockery that came with the van is a bit thick and "dog bowly" and never been used. Already back in the van.....

The melamine stuff is a bit naff design so at $30 for some in corelle, I'm off to Walmart on Monday to get some.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I'm off to USA on sunday (business trip, sadly). I always have a good nose around as there can be some good stuff. I paid about $30 for an Endless breeze rechargeable/battery/12v fan.
Good tip on the Corelle as I am determined not to take the melamine stuff from years ago with us into the new wagon

Have you considered just tying a ladies fan to the dogs tail??

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You could have a look at this company
http://www.power-hunt.com/12-volt-products.php
I've the hairdryer which works well
At $80 it is a tad expensive. Although it is cheaper than an inverter.

How well does it work? How long to you have it one for? Does it take a long time to heat up and do you need a special 12v plug? Sorry for all the questions

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't forget to allow for the extra weight of the Corelle in your luggage - if you haven't got enough in your allowance already you could find it cost you more to bring back than to get it here! :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back