Solar Controller location? (1 Viewer)

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
I am just planning on where to put the solar controller, I have a choice of it going under the seat base in the rear with a 1 metre cable run to the battery or in the wardrobe with a 3m run to the battery, the instruction state that it should go as near to battery as possible but i am concerned about the lack of air circulation in the seat base, do these things get hot? I am getting the ep solar one like trikeman has in his install blog.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I am just planning on where to put the solar controller, I have a choice of it going under the seat base in the rear with a 1 metre cable run to the battery or in the wardrobe with a 3m run to the battery, the instruction state that it should go as near to battery as possible but i am concerned about the lack of air circulation in the seat base, do these things get hot? I am getting the ep solar one like trikeman has in his install blog.

I'd go with the ventilation. 3m is not so bad. Just use thick cable.

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Wear to put controller

I put my controller behind the curtain or the regulator in a cupboard marjohn it good::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
They have heatsinks on them so presumably may produce some heat but I've never noticed any.

Mine is wall mounted but hidden by a window curtain.

OP
OP
Scottyboy
Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
When I say controller I meant the regulator, I think the wardrobe is probably the best bet although that get quite hot when the gas fire is on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back