Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Thinking of getting a Q1 for work and play.

Needs to be tough and reliable for work (jumping in and out of van, taking measurements and information on site etc etc)

Needs to be good at playing movies and music (I get so bored on planes!!)

Anyone got 1 that can give me an honest opinion or advice??

Thanks as always :thumb::winky:

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
I was thinking about a Q1 or similar for sticking in backpack when out and about for internet/email etc.
However, I could never really justify the cost vs. the spec.

I opted for a Vodafone v1615 mobile phone (wifi/gps/3g/windows mobile) - and also an EeePC 900. for the money it suited us.

There are now a bunch of cheap small PCs around - so really depends on your needs.

Lets just say I am (aka was!) a technical IT manager in a technical IT company and bought all the latest gadgets where we could - and we never bought a UMPC - so that sums it up!

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I already have a HTC Titan 2 mobile phone which is great but limited. I am looking for something with a bigger screen and a bit easier to use.

A traditional laptop however small isnt a lot of use as it needs to be touch screen for the on site stuff.

Any other suggestions gratefully received :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Dazzer,

The Samsung Q1 has revolutionised the way we work in the office. We network them via wi fi and use MS One note. With this we are able to create daily pages as a diary and write straight onto the screen and be able to see each others diaries and leave notes.

I keep all my contacts and copies of my accounts in case I need to refer to anything whilst out and about.

It has a CF card slot so I also put photos into it for reviewing. For example when in Cyprus at my Daughter's wedding.

You can also store your music on them and have it available for the MH.

Ours came with keyboard and leather holder. For most of the time I use it by hand writing, but will connect the keyboard when surfing or trying to do other similar work.

As to buying them, they were about £1,000 or so when I bought ours last year, but I paid under £500 by going to this company:

Link Removed

They sell kit loaned to companies for trial. The kit comes back it gets checked over and you have a full manufacturers warranty. Ours were about 4 - 6 weeks old if memory serves me correctly.

Fully recommended by me as a superb product. Cannot understand why others have not got them.

Best regards

Chris

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Dazzer,

Just checked their current stock and they have these:

Samsung

NP-Q1U/E00/SUK Q1 Ultra Education Special ExDemo 4
£387.24 +VAT

NP-Q1U/E00/SUK Q1 Ultra Education Special ExDemo 2
£322.70 +VAT

Regards

Chris

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Thanks for that Chris just what i was looking for (and a lot more besides :Eeek: great info on the prices etc, your a star!! :thumb: )

Thanks ever so much, i think i can feel my credit card twitching :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Dazzer,

Your welcome.

I see they also have a 60GB version in the list.

Regards

Chris

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Dazzer,

Just got back from a day doing work at Chivenor Army base in North Devon.

Followed by a visit to a supplier and a nice lunch. Bit knackered now.

For the record, no I don't sleep much! One of life's late to bed early to rise! At my age my Father used to sleep between 0 and 2 hours a night!

Regards

Chris

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Well after much deliberation I took the plunge and bought a Q1.

What a fantastic bit of kit!! Especially when you mix it with an Itech Virtual Keyboard (I-Tech's Virtual Keyboard - A laser projected full-sized virtual QWERTY keyboard). A truly portable useable device with a superb touch screen and running Windows XP as well!! :thumb:

Just got to get to grips with Microsoft Onenote and i should be up and running without reams of paper and forever hunting for files etc.:Doh:

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated :thumb::winky:

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I'm loving that virtual keyboard.

It is a superb bit of kit!! Takes a bit of getting used to but once you learn how to use it its great. Got mine for £45 off Ebay :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back