Exeter / Dawlish area, any good sites please ? (1 Viewer)

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Planning a week in mid September to see family in Exeter, any recommendations for a site with electrics and shower facilities, plus is dog friendly in this area?. Near coast would be nice.

Thanks, David

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi David hope you enjoy your trip, there is a free car park next to the Horse auction that is actually a park and ride, have stayed there overnight, huge car park but you will get locked in. Showers no problem anywhere in Devon of late, just stand outside with your soap in hand, pretty liberal lot down here so no problem, hee hee. sorry can't help on sites as never used one. Pay enough to keep the van on the road.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi David

There are a couple of RV friendly sites at Newton Abbot and another at Sidmouth - not too close to your area of choice but give us a shout if that is close enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Camp sites around Exeter

Hi i do not know if this is any help but there is a nice caravan & Camping site about 200yds up the road from me in Woodbury Salterton, 7 Miles from Exeter and the bus stop's out side the site to Exeter or Exmouth, This is very clean and tidy Site.

If you need any more info give me a call 07870658396

Fisherman8 ( Ian)

OP
OP
Supertractorman

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Hi i do not know if this is any help but there is a nice caravan & Camping site about 200yds up the road from me in Woodbury Salterton, 7 Miles from Exeter and the bus stop's out side the site to Exeter or Exmouth, This is very clean and tidy Site.

If you need any more info give me a call 07870658396

Fisherman8 ( Ian)

Ian,

Thanks for info. Would really like to be fairly close to the sea, as like to walk the dog on the beach in the morning, but will bear your near site in mind.

David

M

mike241246

Deleted User
Pepermint Park

Hi David,
Try Pepermint park at Dawlish Warren, Nice showers and just a few yards from the beach.
Good luck .................. Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Supertractorman

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Hi David,
Try Pepermint park at Dawlish Warren, Nice showers and just a few yards from the beach.
Good luck .................. Mike

Mike,

Thanks for this one, staying there currently. Nice clean site, entertainment and swimming pools (if reqd) free showers, electric and water beside the pitch and only £10 per night.
Well worth it and nice beach adjacent. Would think it is packed in Summer at higher rates, but great just now.

David

OP
OP
Supertractorman

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

Can't answer the question just now, but my van is 26' and on a pitch no problem. Will enquire at reception tomorrow for you. What length are you?.

David

OP
OP
Supertractorman

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
The maximum length on hardstandings is 7.5m, mainly due to them not leaving a lot of roadway space for turning. The lady commented that there was more room on grass, but this year it had been so wet they were trying to avoid problems by keeping Motorhomes mainly off grass.

David

kevandmarg

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Colne, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just got home from camping holiday in Dawlish, Ladies Mile Caravan Park, good facilities including swimming pool. Not sure what size RV could be parked but lots of motorhomes on site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back