Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well wild 'parking' was for me last night! :Eeek: Found a nice place for a kip at around midnight. It looked like a coach or lorry park outside a major northern metropolis, to be honest when the family is with me I take great care where we park (Mr Security an all that) but I'm never too bothered on my own, I'll stop anywhere. Anyway, cup of tea and a wind down and I got into bed at around 1am hoping to get at least 7 hours and be fully rested for my 11am appointment.

At 3 am precisley I was woken by an alien like noise, so loud I swear it shook the van, whatever it was I was sure it was in the van with me, I leapt up ready for a fight, banged my head hard on the roof (drop down bed) I fumbled and fell again as fought to put my shorts on. Alien or not, it would not have been a fair fight if I fought it naked. Then there were more noises louder and more urgent than before, I quickly realised the noise was not in the van, but right outside.

with the van pitch dark I slowly pulled down the blind not knowing what I'd see. There it was, two foot from my window, bloody great cows were coming down the ramp of a truck, then they all started with their big bellowing MMOOOOOOOO, and they stumbled down and out

I was parked in the unloading bay of a livestock market and now I'm knackered:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
If they were aliens , and you exposed yourself to them, would they have laughed / run / probed or zapped you ::bigsmile:

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Aliens mutilate cows so the noise probably was an alien space craft landing to catch the good ones early.........

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
There must have been udder places you could have camped, at least that's what I herd......................

The Tinca's

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
did you have to mooooooov over :ROFLMAO:there must have been signs Jim but not as we know it :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
no photos then Jim????

Awww bless - at least you werent being burgled or parts stolen off the motorhome.

One mans woes etc................

I havent laughed so much in ages picturing you all amongst a zillion cows and men in white coats :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks so much for sharing this with us :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
Plenty rattle round my van, never cattle though ::bigsmile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We wilded in a layby Norway many years ago in a trailer tent. Woke up to a loud motorised noise in the morning to find the local council cutting the grass verge all around us. Took as a while to pack up and get away. :Doh:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Have all the jokes been milked from this thread yet?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
This reminds me of a friend hiring a car to take his mother on holiday around 45 years ago. Driving along a country road they came across a herd of cows walking to milking in the opposite direction. He couldn't do anything but stop until they were past but, unfortunately one cow decided to climb over the car and put one of its feet through the boot lid.
As it was a hire car, despite no injury to any person or cow, he decided to report the incident to the police:
"Good morning sir, can I help you?"
"I'd like to report a car accident".
"Oh yes sir, what happened?"
"A cow hit me"
"You hit a cow sir?"
"No, a cow hit me"

Apparently it took quite some time to sort out :roflmto:

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Did you put the cattle on and have a cuppa?
You really have something to beef about now Jim.
It must have been a load of bullocks!
Hoof hearted Jim? You!

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
I'm actually very surprised you woke up when you heard them. Northern cows are renowned for their gassing skills, so you should have been out for the count until they were well away with your valuables...

Steve :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm actually very surprised you woke up when you heard them. Northern cows are renowned for their gassing skills, so you should have been out for the count until they were well away with your valuables...

Steve :Smile:

Possibly through the heater Cowl :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I am surprised you didn't hear them none of their horns were working! As my daughters used to say Whatheifer!
Some years ago,in our tenting days,we stopped in a field with the owners permission. We were woken up to be surrounded by what sounded like people putting up tents,I looked outside and saw that it was a car boot sale. As we packed up and put the tent in the car some one asked me if 'The camping gear' was for sale. When we went to the landowner,not to complain but to thank him,he apologised that he forgot to tell us that there was a charitable boot sale happening. He gave us the makings of breakfast and lunch from his farm shop as an apology.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Well wild 'parking' was for me last night! :Eeek: Found a nice place for a kip at around midnight. It looked like a coach or lorry park outside a major northern metropolis, to be honest when the family is with me I take great care where we park (Mr Security an all that) but I'm never too bothered on my own, I'll stop anywhere. Anyway, cup of tea and a wind down and I got into bed at around 1am hoping to get at least 7 hours and be fully rested for my 11am appointment.

At 3 am precisley I was woken by an alien like noise, so loud I swear it shook the van, whatever it was I was sure it was in the van with me, I leapt up ready for a fight, banged my head hard on the roof (drop down bed) I fumbled and fell again as fought to put my shorts on. Alien or not, it would not have been a fair fight if I fought it naked. Then there were more noises louder and more urgent than before, I quickly realised the noise was not in the van, but right outside.

with the van pitch dark I slowly pulled down the blind not knowing what I'd see. There it was, two foot from my window, bloody great cows were coming down the ramp of a truck, then they all started with their big bellowing MMOOOOOOOO, and they stumbled down and out

I was parked in the unloading bay of a livestock market and now I'm knackered:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sort of suggest a new item for the Shop Jim
I have a few for sale:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Bovine-excrement-meter-animation_zpsab399c75.jpg
    Bovine-excrement-meter-animation_zpsab399c75.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 17

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ah - next time Jim you need to get them to serenade you ... this is the ideal song:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoNkfOHBzQk"]I Like to Move It, Move It - Sacha Baron Cohen - Madagascar (2 3 4- LONGER VERSION ) TRUE LYRICS - YouTube[/ame]

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
You deserve a pat on the back for that one:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun