Where would you live? (1 Viewer)

Oct 31, 2012
here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650
Exp
Since December 2012
Given a choice, if you could live elsewhere, where would you live, and why? This can either be in the UK, or anywhere, worldwide. I always fancied either Canada or New Zealand, mainly for the beauty of those 2 countries, not to mention the miles and miles of unspoilt landscapes.
What is your ideal place, or country to live? ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I would like to live on an island with just myself and a few friends.

It would need to be safe waters and warm enough to swim in all year round.

Plenty of warm sunshine with a machine that I pushed a button on so that it could rain or snow only on demand

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If I could live anywhere it would be the UK, BUT with lovely Spring slowly turning into a glorious Summer followed by Autumn with the beautiful changeling Colours, then I would be quite happy to have a Snowy Winter.

The Climate would be just enough rain, sun that you can walk out in, warm breezes, and very little pollution.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Found our little bit of heaven! Two years down the line and still feel the same way!:thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Given a choice, if you could live elsewhere, where would you live, and why? This can either be in the UK, or anywhere, worldwide. I always fancied either Canada or New Zealand, mainly for the beauty of those 2 countries, not to mention the miles and miles of unspoilt landscapes.
What is your ideal place, or country to live? ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Exactly where we do.
Stratford on Avon:winky:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I like where we are as well but in the future we might move but would always want to be within a few hours travel time of the children. Obviously if they are scattered far and wide we would just have to force ourselves to travel more. I do like Europe for the variety and ease of travel.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I love Dorset but if the opportunity came up to go to Canada I would definitely give a thought or two::bigsmile:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Happy to stay her in Chester and travel to all those other places we like to enjoy so much.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I love living in the UK, it's my home and I can't want for anything more it's gorgeous.

Last weekend Nikki and I were in the High peak and saw a beautiful piece of heaven for sale for £465000 and thought how nice it would be to move there. But, then when I think of it, I am actually living there, well for that weekend anyway and next weekend? well Ill be living somewhere different.

As to moving abroad? we have visited France 40-50 times by now and we love it and there's always something we haven't seen.

I love New York too but Im a bit too old for that now I love Canada and would give that a try for a couple of years but Nikki wouldn't so thats a no go.

Other places? Prague, Hungary, Bulgaria, Germany (love Dresden) but I can live there anytime with the MH.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
New Zealand, spent three months there and loved every minute, nice peaple, and not a lot of them, great scenery, great surf,good hot rod scene, and some great house trucks. :thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
England but probably not exactly in this particular house or location.

It's nice, but there is 'nicer' in many places ! But it would have to be pretty special to make it worthwhile considering.

In younger days I wanted old, with exposed beans, log fires etc. Many of my friends had much more money, live in lovely places, money no object so everything that needed sorting got sorted. But when it's old it's like the firth of Forth bridge - something almost always needed attention, and even when it didn't the spiders still kept on coming and spinning webs!

Our place fitted the bill at the time, it was adapted accordingly; there is no partic pressing reason to move and anywhere you go there will be costs, drawbacks etc along with the positives.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Pembrokeshire, in a house right next to the sea.

Like my brother does:Angry:::bigsmile:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
It is so good here in Northumberland, that I sometimes wonder why I own a campervan! Except that I can visit north West Scotland, and the Western Isles.
I have lived in Shropshire (twice) Cheshire (Twice), Lancashire, Anglesey, Scottish Borders and here in Gods County.
Everywhere is wonderful and every where has it`s own appeal.
I just hope that I can live long enough to enjoy whatever or wherever.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Some where more rural like Yorkshire dales . I would buy one of the park homes like they have at Newbury and put on a plot in a quiet place, like the middle of nowhere .No decorating etc as it would come all done. :Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Somewhere not far from a lovely beach, where the summers are warm, beautiful views and lots of wildlife.......

......anyone living in a place like this need a part-time housekeeper or would even be a gardener....:Sad:..... or a secretary :Sad:..... or a fund-raiser :Sad:..... or willing to try new skills like bee keeping, window cleaning, .. sigh

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Somewhere not far from a lovely beach, where the summers are warm, beautiful views and lots of wildlife.......

......anyone living in a place like this need a part-time housekeeper or would even be a gardener....:Sad:..... or a secretary :Sad:..... or a fund-raiser :Sad:..... or willing to try new skills like bee keeping, window cleaning, .. sigh
Close enough, when you moving in?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Were happy in the house we have where we live:thumb:
The grass isn't always greener on the other side IMO.
We actually went through the visa process to emigrate to Australia about 7 years ago. Obtaining a full permenant residency visa.
Then before we sorted out the container company , the old house was already up for sale under offer. We went on a 3 week recci in a campervan travelling to a different part of South oz every other day.
Just the two of us. No kids. No holiday head on. We didn't stroke koalas , swim with dolphins or anything touristy.
Just met up with expats and locals , In the building trade. Had a few bbqs , meets in pubs which we' d arranged on the forum we were on. Pomsinadelaide and Adelaidebrits , listened to how they spent their free time. Talked about wages jobs schools , health care , crime etc.
Then not even half way through the trip, decided we were better off in Britain.
We carried on touring and meeting people thinking we might change our minds, but we didn't.
We came home, went through with the sale of the house, bought the house we live in now , in the same village but different side.
Were so glad we didn't make the move. All but 3 families out of the 14 families we made friends with on the forum are back in Britain. One is out there " one life living it" one went to New Zealand the other family can't afford to come back.
The only thing Oz had to offer us that was better than we have now was wall to wall sunshine.
But, i do think if we had no ties with the 3 teenage kids work , we may have moved to North Yorkshire . Because we love so many villages there. But we can visit when ever we want with the Motorhome .:thumb:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Have lived in a few countries in my life but nothing beats The UK. Liked living in Germany as a young man but it wasn't home. New Zealand is great and our son who lives there is always asking us to move there but it's not home, good old Market Harborough is home, a bit far from the sea for an old Navy man but it will do us. Nice and central, a nice area, with some nice shops but most of all some great friends, who would want to live anywhere else?. :thumb:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I will have to differ with almost everyone, my answer would be anywhere except the UK.

I know the grass isn't always greener etc. but sometimes it is!

I want 3 things - better weather, cheaper living, and a non-interfering nanny state:thumb:

I think I'll get all 3 when I retire, be 'off grid', cross the channel in the MH and don't look back::bigsmile:

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
l would love to go home to Bulawayo but it wont happen.
So South Africa would be good as second best.
Aus appeals as a 3rd in line choice.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I suppose I could live anywhere I wanted.........family ties are an issue of course...but we are very happy here in Sussex by the sea.
Don't mind Europe for a holiday...but could never live there full time.
Ive been to many places around the world.....it has to be Blighty for me .

barry:Smile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I will have to differ with almost everyone, my answer would be anywhere except the UK.

I know the grass isn't always greener etc. but sometimes it is!

I want 3 things - better weather, cheaper living, and a non-interfering nanny state:thumb:

::bigsmile:

Good Luck in N Korea Dave Their brewing industry isn't up to much
but think of the free haircuts:thumb::thumb:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Have relatives in South West England, Spain and Australia and have enjoyed visiting but always glad to get back to Scotland and can't envisage living anywhere else, although might move again within this lovely country. :Smile:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
in an octopuses garden with you, oops he on the whisky again.::bigsmile:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977

Movan me and you are off to New Zealand, where the beaches are great, the sun shines, you can watch dolphins surf, whales migrating and the wines good. :thumb:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We love visiting Western Rockies in BC Canada, my cousin lives in Vancouver, lovely area, we also love Wyoming in the USA, but on reflection, we would not want to live anywhere else but Norfolk, but I'm sorry folks, Norfolk is now officially FULL UP!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back